AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a computer connected to the internet, an HD video card connected via HDMI to my 1080p TV.

When I config the video card to 1920x1080, I can watch an HD Netflix movie in full screen, just fine.

However, when I quit the movie and maximize the IE window, it runs off the edge of the screen, such that i loose the scrool bar on the left, the status bar which shows all the running programs, and the top of the IE window, such that i cant even close the window.

When i configure the video card to 1024x786, I can see large, readable desktop icons, but the Netflix HD movies show up in letterbox (black band above and below the movie).

Is there anyway to display the Windows desktop such that the icons are readable and I dont loose the edges, and still watch Netfix in 1080p, full screen?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
While I'm not familiar with what application you're running to view NetFlix I would ask if you have the SCALING set to "0" inside your CCC? When you CONFIGURE the TV you slide the scaling to 0 and it should restore your full view desktop. If you don't know what I'm speaking about then you are more of a TV watcher and less of a PC user and I'd suggest getting an xbox or some other 'consumer-friendly' device to stream your NetFlix.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can get to the ATI catalyst center by right clicking an empty area of your desktop and then clicking on Catalyst Control Center. From there check the display options for scaling, I can't remember which section it is under though, sorry. Another option may be to try having your TV auto adjust the picture. Go to the menu on your TV and look for an option to auto adjust. It will try to resize and fit the picture to your screen.

This may be specific to the TV, but I find Netflix looks better at 1280x720, since it doesn't stream any higher than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts