AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got this 720p/1080i cable box from my cabletv provider with hdmi output. I can change the output from this box to 720p or 1080i.

I also have this new HP V241 24" 1080P monitor with both VGA and DVI input.

What reliable cable can I use to see my cable box image on my new HP 1080p monitor?

I dont need the sound as it is going to my receiver.

Thank you for your thoughts and guidance on this subject that has always been confusing to me.

bubbah16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Assuming the monitor's DVI input is HDCP compliant, just use an HDMI cable and one of these:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2029&seq=1&format=2

Quote from one of the buyer of the product you refered me to #2029 : 1/8/2015 11:51:33 AM

"but when you want to play a movie you will get an HDCP error and no sound. (It's to do with HDMI copy protection system) This essentially means that you need to buy a new TV with HDMI inputs which is new enough to be HDCP compatible, making this adapter of very little use."

·
Registered
21,834 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cables and/or adapters have nothing to do with HDCP.
Both the "source" and "destination" devices must support HDCP (IE cable box and monitor/TV).
Makes sense!

Has nothing to do with topics but wanted to share something with you... You wont believe me but when my father was young he was boxing and got his nose and jaw cracked quite a few times. When we were kids he would make us laugh by being able to do the same exact face expression as your avatar.

He has passed away but your avatar remind me for a few minutes that our father had a very funny sense of humour even in our troubled times.

Thanks for the info and memory!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts