AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know it's been covered and maybe someone can make me understand.

Have a DCT700 connected to my Denon 889 receiver using the component cables. The receiver is connected to my Pioneer pdp4360hd plasma through HDMI. Also have a PS3 and a standard dvd player through HDMI as well a Denon Ipod dock set up all through my receiver.

Why does my TV always display 1080i in the corner no matter which input is selected. Should my TV display the nonHD cable source at 480i. Why is everything coming up on my TV 1080i. And how am I supposed to know if I'm really getting a 1080i picture, from my PS3 if every imput (DCT700, standard dvd player, ipod dock) is displaying 1080i, other than just from the look of the picture.

Again I've search quite a bit for this but I need it spelled out in black and white.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Doesn't that receiver have upscaling capability? Maybe it's active?

Your TV is also a fixed pixel display, so it won't display anything at 480i. It might receive that type of signal, but it'll convert it to 720p/1080i, because it can't display any other resolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was in my Denon manual right where you said it was. But you already knew that. Figured if I listed all my components, someone would know what to do.

Thanks again.

Vicliner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts