AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you have a HDTV Tuner card in your pc can it actually put out 1080i to your HDTV? It's not scaled or anything and is it as good as a STB? I was trying to read up but it confused me more since it seems that the Video signal is changed to fit on the PC Monitor Resolutions.... And I read also that Nvidia cards do not do interlaced resolutions and they are in quite a few computers out there......so you couldnt change your res to fit a 1920x1080i resolution...??? ( I have a radeon 8500 though)

Am I just confusing myself? Also can you use a standard antenna to recieve HDTV through a tuner card? I have an old roof top antenna......

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes real 1080i to your HDTV in either component or rgb form. Normal antenna to the input. It CAN also put out PC type resolutions if you are using it on a pc monitor, but when watching fullscreen it does not involve your video card. True for MyHD and Hipix cards.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the ATI HDTV Dongle right now and dont have a transcoder so I'm going to have to put the HDTV tuner card straight to the TV. I want to get a transcoder though so I can see everything and doo PVR stuff from it.

Does the HDTV broadcasts go further than SD? I wonder because NBC will be broadcasting soon in my area and I get them in pretty good, very little noise in the pic, and PBS is supposed to be broadcasting now but I dont get their station in as good :( Almost all of the TV stations in my area ar in different locations so I can never get many in good, only one or two and then the rest are kind of crappy :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.