AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anybody tried to get 1080i or 540p HDTV T&R in DVI port on LP 350 using PowerStrip? Does it works? I tried but I got virtual desktop, not 16:9 image. The VGA port on LP 350 works great with those T&R.Is there some special configuration for this?

BTW I'm using Radeon 8500 and WinME.

Thanks All.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have sent you a Private message, but would like to getinvolved in this post as well. I have not tried any of these set ups yet as I am trying to configure my HT and HTPC system now.

What specific kind of DVI interface are you using from computer to LP350?

Thanks,

JJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K5RPD

Please copy and post the privet massage that I sent to you.

Lets the people read it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forget it

I found it :

OK

I hope this can help you:

I putted together my second machine just for HT reading this forum for choosing the components:

mATX motherboard Asus CUEP-2M(I had the case already)

1 GHz Pentium III

Radeon 8500 - I wanted the newest one waiting for better drivers from ATI

HiPix

Delta Audiophile 2496

I/O Magic PCPVR capture card

Win XP HE

Cineplayer DVD 4

DScaler 3.10

LP 350

Yamaha DD DTS decoder amplifier

I'm steal playing around to get best performance.

So far I can say every Radeon DVI will works. I'm using my 8500 hook up to CRT monitor via VGA and to LP 350 via DVI using 3 m DVI-D dual link extension cable and 6' InFocus M1-DA Digital cable.

There is some problems whit DVI but they are not major. Just I cant get it to work how I wish. For example I wanted to output custom T&R via DVI using PowerStrip but I cant get it to work.

First Powerstrip turned off second monitor and I cant set deferent resolutions for VGA and DVI in same time and I no longer use it.But I'm OK whit native 1024x768 on LP 350 DVI for DVD.

Second to get overlay for DVD LP 350 must be set as a primary display so 8500 limits the VGA refresh rate to 60 Hz and the CRT monitor flicks but that not bother me. And I can switch between the monitors in fly. I can set both displays as a primary to get overlay on both of them.No problem for 8500. I don't know about the other Radeons.

And one more thing.Plug and Play mode in LP 350's menu must be turned ON to be detected DVI connection. If it is not you cant turn on the second monitor in Radeon's Display properties.

Audio- DD and DTS passthru Audiophile's SPDIF out via RCA coaxial cable to Yamaha decoder digital in.

That is what I can say for now.

I hope it help you.

Feel free to ask me again for something else.

And sorry for my bad english.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.