AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi, I recently got a Sony KDL-55W900A, and quickly noticed that it doesn't have DVI input (which is what I had been using on my Asus VG278H to run 1080p @ 120hz from my desktop PC).  Is there a specific kind of HDMI cable I need to buy for this type of signal, or is there some other way to enable it?  A 240hz display surely must be able to pick up signals over 60hz.  My desktop PC has DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, and Displayport outputs.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonidZero  /t/1523196/1080p-120hz-on-sony-kdl-55w900a/0_100#post_24500323

Hi, I recently got a Sony KDL-55W900A, and quickly noticed that it doesn't have DVI input (which is what I had been using on my Asus VG278H to run 1080p @ 120hz from my desktop PC).  Is there a specific kind of HDMI cable I need to buy for this type of signal, or is there some other way to enable it?  A 240hz display surely must be able to pick up signals over 60hz.  My desktop PC has DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, and Displayport outputs.

The w900a does not support signals over 60hz unfortunately. It is using a native 240hz panel though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm having trouble identifying which TV's are good for 1080p @ 120hz.  I have several 3d games that I want to play with friends in a living room enviroment, and was hoping this would be the TV to pull this off.  Does anyone have experience with content at that quality on any displays?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.