AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like most 4K Dolby Atmos recievers support 4K 60Hz passthru based on the specs I am seeing.

However, the spec information on all of them that I have found online makes mention that they also pass through lower resolutions too like 1080p, 1080i, 720p, etc. But none of the specs I see make mention if they are capable of passing through 1080p at 120Hz. I am also seeing that HDMI 2.0 is what they support. Does that mean 1080p at 120Hz can be passed through to a projector for gaming? I am referring to this for eventually connecting it to either the PS5 or XBox Series X that use the higher refresh rates.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It seems like most 4K Dolby Atmos recievers support 4K 60Hz passthru based on the specs I am seeing.

However, the spec information on all of them that I have found online makes mention that they also pass through lower resolutions too like 1080p, 1080i, 720p, etc. But none of the specs I see make mention if they are capable of passing through 1080p at 120Hz. I am also seeing that HDMI 2.0 is what they support. Does that mean 1080p at 120Hz can be passed through to a projector for gaming? I am referring to this for eventually connecting it to either the PS5 or XBox Series X that use the higher refresh rates.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I think you'll have to try a few out I have the Pioneer SX S30 and I've passed though 1080p/120 with the older Shield Tv.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you'll have to try a few out I have the Pioneer SX S30 and I've passed though 1080p/120 with the older Shield Tv.
What do you mean try a few out? You mean purchase them and do "trial and error"?

Shouldn't the written online specs tell me if it will handle it?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
trial and error many of the avrs like mine have been updated multiple times adding new features unfortunately most companies don't list all the capabilities. for instance mine is two channel yet it still passes Atmos and DV. I would go to the forum of one you like and ask probing questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts