AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help here. I am running a mini with AE2000 Panny 1080p projector. Now the following option is available, 1920 x 1080 and then when I select that I can choose either 24, 50, or 60hz. When I do 24hz my Projector shows it is getting a 1080p source, however, the mini can not push hard enough and stutters occur. When I choose 60hz I get a 1080i signal. Again this is still within the same 1920 x 1080 selection in display properties.

I have tried SwitchResx on my JVC 720p HDILA without any success. I have also tried the drop down menu item trick, but that also did not work.

Does anyone know how to easily get 1080p at 60hz on this projector?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts

Quote:
my Projector shows it is getting a 1080p source, however, the mini can not push hard enough and stutters occur

stutters occur with what software and content?

You wrote this back in february:

Quote:
I have a 1.83C2D setup with a Panny AE2000 and 1080P24hz was the default resolution. Just as an FYI it does not work properly, I get 'jitters' about every minute or so even on video_ts SD DVD material. I do not believe it is the processor but the video card (64MB of RAM). I have mine set to 1080P60 and I have 0 problems and honestly can't tell much of a difference over 24hz at 120"

My guess is you've modified things since then pretty significantly with skins and plugins...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mistaken back then, the 108060 was I not P. I didn't go into the pref's on the projector to find out. I just assumed since 108024 was P why wouldn't the I have been.

I haven't modified much, I mainly run Plex or OSXMC now, but occassionaly go back to frontrow.

As far as the stuttering, it is just video_ts standard def DVD content, it happens on both OSXBMC and Frontrow.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtdougie /forum/post/14335256

When I do 24hz my Projector shows it is getting a 1080p source, however, the mini can not push hard enough and stutters occur. When I choose 60hz I get a 1080i signal. Again this is still within the same 1920 x 1080 selection in display properties.

Does the stutter also appear at 60 Hz? If not, I would assume it has to do with the 24Hz.

Also, have you tried different cables? I remember when I hooked up my mini to the Panasonic AX100 (720p projector) the available options in display pref (without switchresx) were different between DVI (-> HDMI on the projector) and VGA (DVI on the mini -> VGA on the projector). I forget which one, but one connection offered [email protected], the other didn't.

The mini can do [email protected] At least mine can do (a core2duo at 1.83Ghz) and others here in this forum are using it too. I ended up playing a lot with switchresx (I hated that playing around like hell).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts