Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnderson
I don't suppose you are an HTPC user, are you?
I don't think so. What's a HTPC?

I will try and answer ppl's questions once I have the TV but I'm not a power AV consumer just a guy that happened to have the day off on the day it hit the show room floor and was first to post.

Only thing I noticed so far was that while watching one in the showroom that it was a split second behind when switching scenes compared to the other TVs. I don't know if this will cause lip sync problems if the video go thru the TV and the Audio goes thru a receiver.

Time Warner Cable won't be out with the HD cable box till Thursday so I be using the old box and overair till then.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunx
can it accept and display a 1080p signal on HDMI/DVI?
Only Component then for 1080p?

·
Registered
564 Posts
component, dvi, hdmi will not accept 1080p. The only way is via firewire or coax via antenna feed. The 927 will have HTPC input for 1080p content.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I like your quote Irishrulze, which Is why I want to get one of the 73 inchers. But Is the PC Input on the 927 series that Inportant to spend another $1000 to upgrade from the 727 series?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha
I like your quote Irishrulze, which Is why I want to get one of the 73 inchers. But Is the PC Input on the 927 series that Inportant to spend another $1000 to upgrade from the 727 series?
Does anyone have a quick breakdown on the different models of the new Mits 1080p?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got an 52627 this past weekend and spent a lot of time trying to get 1080p over DVI-HDMI from my PC to the set.

After seeing 1920x1080 @ 30hz listed as a suggested res in moninfo, and fiddling around a bit with powerstrip, which got me nothing, using multires to switch to 1920x1080 (I don't know what refresh rate) after I made a custom monitor driver with 1920x1080p in it seemed to work, the TV did say it was was an invalid signal for a moment but then displayed it.

Ever since then the video playback on the PC has been really slow, and when attempting to dianose the problem by testing video acceleration dxdiag switched the resolution, and when it switched back, the TV didn't display.

This experience leads me to believe these sets may actually be capable of it under the right conditions, but perhaps something in the firmware is preventing or the settings need to be very exact.

Sorry I don't have more detail, the experience was so frustrating I had to step away from it for a while. I hope this inspires someone else to also explore the possibility of 1080 over DVI-HDMI with these sets.

If this doesn't work out for me the set may need to go back. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabishii
I got an 52627 this past weekend and spent a lot of time trying to get 1080p over DVI-HDMI from my PC to the set.

After seeing 1920x1080 @ 30hz listed as a suggested res in moninfo, and fiddling around a bit with powerstrip, which got me nothing, using multires to switch to 1920x1080 (I don't know what refresh rate) after I made a custom monitor driver with 1920x1080p in it seemed to work, the TV did say it was was an invalid signal for a moment but then displayed it.

Ever since then the video playback on the PC has been really slow, and when attempting to dianose the problem by testing video acceleration dxdiag switched the resolution, and when it switched back, the TV didn't display.

This experience leads me to believe these sets may actually be capable of it under the right conditions, but perhaps something in the firmware is preventing or the settings need to be very exact.

Sorry I don't have more detail, the experience was so frustrating I had to step away from it for a while. I hope this inspires someone else to also explore the possibility of 1080 over DVI-HDMI with these sets.

If this doesn't work out for me the set may need to go back. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.
How about just plain old cable stb and dvd player input?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill
How about just plain old cable stb and dvd player input?
I don't have an STB or DVD Player with 1080p, if that's what you mean. I was talking about trying to get 1080p from my PC.

Dish 811 DVI-HDMI works well at 480p, 720p & 1080i.

Cheapo Lite-On LVD-2001 with component upscaling to 480p, 720p & 1080i is easily handled by the set (but the quality shows the $100 pricetag of the player, best to just set it to 480p and let the set handle it from there).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I decided to wait for the 628 series to be released. I wonder if the difference between the 627 and 628 will be all that great. I also wonder when the 628 series televisions will start showing up considering that the 627 series televisions have started showing up. Anyone in the know?

·
Registered
564 Posts
The 627 doesn't have a 1080 input via component or HDMI/DVI. You will be hard pressed to even find a 1080p set that has a 1080p input this year. All signals are converted to native res of 1080p. Currently you will only get true 1080p via firewire, antenna connection when a signal of 1080p is sent (CBS is supposed to be the first this fall). The only set with a 1080p input will be the 927 series sets that will come out this fall (Oct,Nov) and it will be via a VGA connection for HTPC. These sets are way ahead of the competition (Samsung) for this model year. Blue Ray and HD DVD will use firewire which will give us that wonderful 1080p signal. Also, look for DirecTV to use firewire on an MPEG4 HD box/Tivo later this year.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
The 628 Series Is a darker shade of grey and adds two enhancements...

DeepFieldâ„¢ imager uses new techniques

to optimize brightness and contrast within every scene.

SharpEdgeâ„¢ delivers clean, focused edges between objects and

scene backgrounds. The result is exquisite picture clarity from

any source in every scene.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyabusha
The 628 Series Is a darker shade of grey and adds two enhancements...

DeepFieldâ„¢ imager uses new techniques

to optimize brightness and contrast within every scene.

SharpEdgeâ„¢ delivers clean, focused edges between objects and

scene backgrounds. The result is exquisite picture clarity from

any source in every scene.
I guess I just am curious how much that will mean.

1 - 20 of 420 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.