AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
To be completely honest...........1080p is pretty much rendered null since the screen is much to small to appreciate that high a resolution. You're not going to notice any difference from 720p to 1080p. You could save yourself some money and get a 720p and get the same picture quality.

This is all unless you're planning on sitting 2 feet away from the screen...maybe then you'll be able to discern the difference, which I highly doubt still.

Ideally, you'd want 1080p for, IMO, anything 46" or bigger. Some will say 50".....okay. But the consensus is that unless you have a fairly large to large to very large television, 1080p unneccessary and you're better off saving some money on a 720p that will lack no picture quality than it's 1080p counterpart on a same size set.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonick /forum/post/15425646

You are waisting your money. With 32" go 720p all the way. DO NOT PURCHASE 1080P on a tv that small.

I think you mean "wasting" not "waisting."

And, the choice of 1080p vs 720p on TVs 32" and smaller should be up to the individual. If I'm watching a BluRay movie, I want a 1080p TV, no matter what the size. I can certainly tell the difference on a 32" set. I do agree that the difference is less meaningful TVs smaller than 32". That's why most manufacturers don't make them in sizes smaller than 32".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.