AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting quite a long time to upgrade my HT to HD. I've been waiting for technology after technology to come out. Mostly a good HDMI AVR at a reasonable price. Now that has sort of come to fruition with the Denon AVR-4306. So I'm sort of ready to pull the trigger on the whole migration. But I am REALLY hesistant to drop $3500 on a Panny 50" 7UY thats only 1366x768.

I've seen a few 1080P TV press releases from Sony and today one from Sharp (although in a 45" LCD).

Any chance we'll see any 50" 1080P plasma panels this year at CEDIA from Panny?

I remember reading that the Pioneer 50" 1080P plasmas are slated for sometime next year?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
No chance of a 50 at CEDIA. Some chance of a 60 or 65.

More at CES....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer
I remember reading that the Pioneer 50" 1080P plasmas are slated for sometime next year?
Hmmmm ... please post the link if you can find where you read that. I've never come accross anything like that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I find myself in the same boat, I've waited so long that it would seem a pitty to lay down the cash for a 50" plasma today when you know 1080P is on the near horizon. But then there is always something better on the horizon....

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunorth
I find myself in the same boat, I've waited so long that it would seem a pitty to lay down the cash for a 50" plasma today when you know 1080P is on the near horizon. But then there is always something better on the horizon....
Nah... 1080P is "it" as far as HD TVs are concerned.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer
Nah... 1080P is "it" as far as HD TVs are concerned.
I haven't been on the forum in some time, so please forgive the following question: Will any of the major broadcasters or DVD makers use the 1080P standard here in the USA?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Satellite/OTA/Broadcast is gonna top out at 1080i. BluRay/HD-DVD will do 1080p. Basically any "local" devices will do the progressive version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.