AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, sorry I did a search but found nothing.

I have a Samsung HL-S5687W, with a Denon 2307 receiver. I am trying to get the Samsung to display my Xbox 360 on 1080p resolution, does anyone know if the Denon will allow that if I use components in from the 360 and send it out with HDMI to the Samsung tv?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyjosh /forum/post/0

Quick question, sorry I did a search but found nothing.

I have a Samsung HL-S5687W, with a Denon 2307 receiver. I am trying to get the Samsung to display my Xbox 360 on 1080p resolution, does anyone know if the Denon will allow that if I use components in from the 360 and send it out with HDMI to the Samsung tv?

Thanks

1080p is not supported for upconverted (to HDMI) signal. This is clearly documented in the owner's manual.

2307 has enough bandwidth to support 1080p over component video connection though and it might be able to do that if you use component video in and out of the receiver.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axs /forum/post/0

1080p is not supported for upconverted (to HDMI) signal. This is clearly documented in the owner's manual.

2307 has enough bandwidth to support 1080p over component video connection though and it might be able to do that if you use component video in and out of the receiver.

why would i do so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.