AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get opinion of folks on this forum about Dune HD One Sigma Designs EM8620L-based player that stand out from the crowd of network DVD players as capable of up-converting to 1080p and it can also support MPEG TS. If you have a ND camcorder you can easily watch video in 1080p on this player.

Supported formats: DivX, DivX-HD, WMV, WMV-HD, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD (TS), XVID; MPEG-1 Layer 1/2/3 (MP3), OGG Vorbis, AC3, MPEG-4 AAC, WMA9 (Pro), PCM; JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF

It exceeds anything that Snazzio did so far, as it appears to be very stable with bitrates of up to 25Mbit and it does play with this bitrate from NTFS storage via USB. I have to admit this thing alone sells me, basically I can create a mass storage of all my DVDs on the NTFS HDD and play them from this player. This is a fantastic offering, but I do not see anything like that here in US.

I looked at Snazzio but their DVD-ROM drives are terrible, player cannot support bitrate above 19Mbit even after firmware fix. Dune, on the other hand, uses standard computer Lite-On DVD-ROM with a standard firmware and that means that you can fit any DVD-ROM in there.

Cooler on the Sigma processor is well designed and machine does not freeze like Snazio did. See the article here, it is in Russian but thanks to Babel Fish we all can read.
http://www.ferra.ru/online/digihome/26804/

If anybody interested I would like to see if we can reach Dune directly and buy from them as a group buy.

Anybody interested?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.