AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im new to this website so i wasn't to sure as to where to post this so i thought i would put it here....

i have a Playstation 3 and soon i will be getting a HDTV because i would really like to be watching blu-ray movies....

so i was going to get a 32" sony bravia but as i understand 32" HDTV's can only output 720p/1080i signals and not 1080p... but becuase i would be using it more for movies than games i would really like a 1080p set so i know im getting the best picture out there,

the TV set i was looking at was the Toshiba 37X3030D... it is a 37" 1080p set...

my questions are is 1080p wasted on a 37" set and would it be better for me just to get a 32" set and watch my blu-ray movies in 1080i? (as the PS3 has problems outputing blu-ray movies at 720p)

And my other question is if i decide to get the toshiba TV is that model a good TV and is Toshiba a good make.....

thanks

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
The proper place for this question is one of the display devices forums. Try the 720p vs 1080p sticky thread at Flat Panel general forum: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40 . Unless you sit real close to the screen, 1080p adds very little for a 37" screen. 32" screens do not output "720p/1080i", those are the input formats. All flat panel TVs (except for the Hitachi ALiS plasmas) are inherently progressive and display at the native resolution of the TV. There is a lot of material at the plasma and LCD forums that you should skim through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.