Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am in the process of configuring/wring my HT and was wondering if any of you had some information on what lens works best with respects to increasing the throw distance on a Sony 10HT. I would like to place my projector at 20' and project an image 100" diagonal.

I have researched the Buhl lens Model #357mcz501 and after speaking to one individual who owns one and is very happy with its performance I was wondering if there is any other manufactures out there. The model mentioned cost approx $1499, is this the norm with respects to long throw lenses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bally

------------------

Bally

California, USA

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Long throw lenses for the Sony are pretty expensive. In fact, the one made by Sony is around $3K. (Apparently, they are following the lead of speaker companies who sell speaker stands for almost as much as the speakers cost.) In any event, Buhl seems to be the best option. If you want a good price, contact George at cinemasource.com.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Bally, I heard the lens from the Sony 400 can also be used on the 10HT. The 400's lens has a good zoom range and cost is about $900 I think. I have my 400 at about 15ft back and I have a 92" diagonal 16x9 screen and I can still zoom it down further. Check with Medical Video Systems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your help guys, it seem to be that only Buhl and Sony are the only manufactures selling long throw lenses for the 10HT. The Sony runs at $3K so that one road I will not be going down.

I have managed to get the price of the Buhl down to $1195 as I know that the dealer price is $996.

I will keep you posted if I better this or learn anything else.

Thanks again

Bally

------------------

Bally

California, USA

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Bally,

Just call Medical Video systems....I don't know the number...order the lens for the SOny 400Q and just swap it out. I have done it many times for customers who needed the longer throw. It works great!

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
John,that's exactly what I said up above, I don't know what Sony lens costs 3k but, I wouldn't go that route either. Just buy the lens from the Sony 400q projector for under 1k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for your input, I appreciate it.

Bally

------------------

Bally

California, USA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.