AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed the Sat. C kit and get no signal on transponders 8,10 &12. Combiner and multiswitch are wired correctly and the 119 transponders come in fine.

I am using the 18X24" dish for the 110/119 birds and a 18" round dish for the 101 bird.

Do I have to realign the 18X24 dish to get the 110 bird, if so which way should I move it?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Try realigning the oval 18 X 24 dish to "split the difference" in signal strength between the 101 bird and the 119 bird...that should get 110 just fine.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Also, couldnt you just punch your zipcode into your receiver and ask it for the coordinates to use with the multi sat dish? Whatever it spits out is the correct coordinates give or take a tweak. Wheter you're using that dish for 101 or not, thats what it needs to be set to to get both 110 and 119.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not getting anywhere with my B/C combiner. When I put the combiner in the loop the 119 bird disappears. Can you run just the Sat C into the multiswitch 18V input as a test? I'm thinking if you can do that and I can at least veryify I'm getting a signal on 110 then maybe I can just point the finger at the combiner?

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom M

I am using the 18X24" dish for the 110/119 birds and a 18" round dish for the 101 bird.
----

Very interesting thought, I have a round for the 101 and a round for the 119, been thinking hard about adding another round for the 110 but also thought hum maybe I could do a oval for the 119 and 110 and leave my 101 round alone,,,,

If I were to get a oval and use it for the 119 and 110 since it has a dual lnb already do I need to buy the sat c kit too? if so why is the lnb different or something?

Just knowing it could be done this way (using a oval for 119 and 110 and a round for 101) is exactly what I was looking for info on how to do though, so I will follow this thread for more info...

Bill :)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Dan's right about getting the coordinates by entering your zip code, but be aware that they are approximate. I live near the extreme NE edge of my zip code and have to do considerable tweaking to get the signals hot from there...to say nothing of what the mechanical sloppiness of the dish/mounting hardware assembly contributes to the difficulty in aiming the dish!:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.