Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’d like to take benefits from your experience on which graphic card you use to drive the 10ht with the well-known 1184x666 -720p resolution and how it makes you satisfied (ghosting?, easiness of setup and use?...). It seems that GeForce and Matrox G400 give good results but what about newest ones like GeForce2 or 3, G450...

As you’ve understood, I‘ve a 10ht and a computer (Win Me) with Powerstrip installed and wonder which card I have to buy (already got the subd15->rgbhv)

Thanks for helping me to go to the right way.

Aworkx

·
Registered
374 Posts
Right now I'm using a Geforce MX400. My last card went south and I needed a quick solution so I picked one of these up. You can find them around pretty cheap. I'm fairly happy with the picture, although it is no where near as clear as the 1024x768 pixel perfect but that's 4x3. For DVD playback the picture quality is much better then my stand alone player. I haven't tried a radeon yet so I can't comment on that.

-apnar

·
Registered
356 Posts
I also have the 10HT. The 'general' census on the forum is that the ATI Radeon card produces the best video quality.

Ian

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am currently feeding my 10HT with a Toshiba 2109 (a second gen or so machine). I have a couple of extra PCs lying around (from a 750 MHz Duron to a 1.2 GHz Athlon). I would like to use one of them to feed 720P (or perhaps 1080i as some 10HT owners feel this yield a marginally better picture) from DVD to the 10HT.

Which Radeon card do I need? Or will any do? I am currently not looking for HTPC HDTV capabilities (I have a DTC 100). I am interested in a low cost solution that will work for now. My only non DVD desire is that the card also do a good job of supporting 1024X768 gaming at a 32 bit color depth.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies.

I've heard some people having trouble with ati Radeon to fake hdtv resolution with the 10ht...any experience Ian, Apnar or someone else ?

thanks guys for your advices.

·
Registered
374 Posts
No experience with the Radeon (as stated above). One thing to note though, if you want to try for 1080i don't go with a lower end Geforce card (like my MX400). They can not do interlaced output.

-apnar

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used both the GeForce2 and now the Radeon LE with my Sony10HT and the Radeon is superior in my opinion...

I have no problems with Powerstrip and either of these cards producing the proper resolution for the 10ht.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.