1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
OK, no delta staggered pixel array but. . .

What about MLA? Is there any technical reason why the 16:9 chip can't have MLA like the Epson 4:3?

Dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they have MLA either. I pulled out the text of the section talking about the new, next-generation LCD panels in the 11HT:

Quote:
As for this panel, by the fact that structure of the liquid crystal element itself was taken a second look, spread of light was controled, high contrast reached the point where you can obtain picture quality. In addition, as for optical unit, everything other than the projection lens one in newly and the former LCD projector expression power of the black level which is difficult improves. The depth impression increased in gradation expression of black, also detail of the image source original dark space reached the point where material feeling richly it can express.
Sounds like they controlled the "spread of light" around each pixel which would definitely help black level and contrast.

Here is my rough translation to proper english:

"We took another look at the LCD element itself and were able to redesign it to control the spread of light. This resulted in higher contrast giving a much better picture quality. As for the optical unit, everything is new except the projection lens. The difficult problem of LCD black level is improved over the previous model."

Later

Robert

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
1000 lumens in 16:9 mode and 750 lumens in 4:3 mode. If there was MLA those numbers should be higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.