AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 3724 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I thought about going that route and plugging the port.

Remember it's 5/8" MDF. I'm using mine in a car vented, so will add just a little extra bracing to compensate. $33 shipped is still a good deal and I don't need another build project at this time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ohhh, didnt know you were using it in a car!

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Remember it's 5/8" MDF. I'm using mine in a car vented, so will add just a little extra bracing to compensate. $33 shipped is still a good deal and I don't need another build project at this time.
It *is* still a good deal but for me it went from $27 for two of them to $67 for two of them. That's the same as going from "holy cow I can't afford to NOT buy those!!" to, "well, I can save $67 and build something out of all that MDF I have in the garage some rainy day."

Everyone's threshold is different of course but jacking the price up 2.5x times crossed mine so I'll pass.

The guy's got a 100% feedback rating and I'm not interested in giving him any beef over this, but it seems fishy.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It *is* still a good deal but for me it went from $27 for two of them to $67 for two of them. That's the same as going from "holy cow I can't afford to NOT buy those!!" to, "well, I can save $67 and build something out of all that MDF I have in the garage some rainy day."

Everyone's threshold is different of course but jacking the price up 2.5x times crossed mine so I'll pass.

The guy's got a 100% feedback rating and I'm not interested in giving him any beef over this, but it seems fishy.

Yeah, I get it. Since I'm using it in a car and I just ordered the 2 12's I'm just happy to have the box finished instead of doing my own. I just used up my extra MDF on some ported Volt enclosures.

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Yeah, I get it. Since I'm using it in a car and I just ordered the 2 12's I'm just happy to have the box finished instead of doing my own. I just used up my extra MDF on some ported Volt enclosures.
Yeah, I'd definitely go for it too if I thought that they might be *the* solution (ie. work just great as-is in the car). For me, I'd have probably used them for a few months until I got the time/gumption to build what I *really* want which is a near-field sofa table/sub. These boxes were a chance to place them, go through the process of setting up near-field subs (learn how to do it), and then see if I like them.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Just quoting myself, and wondering why I can't also see a single reply to my no(?) nonsense previous messages! But, nevertheless, I have plenty of other things to do!
Anyone?
Regards
Alessandro
I think below 1cf is starting to get small, but hey you can probably boost your way out of it with EQ. And they were expensive too.

Are you talking a Ls6 or Ls12 filter? Thats what I did. Took the Hs12 off and did a ls6 with 6db gain.

That box looks to small to me. What I did was find a dual 15" box so it was around 1.9 per side. youll be under 1 all said and done.
I have LS12. And some gain on top of that. No problem ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the reply, @Nalleh ! I had decided to go another product after the previous reply, so bought these (2):

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262891145177

The seller was kind enough (16/7) to give a 5£ rebate each, they are coming maybe Monday.
In the meanwhile the Inuke arrived from Germany, looking at it, prepped some cables, exchanged the outputs for my mains and fired the Inuke. Something not really amusing for my ears. Flattish and not dynamic at all (I am comparing Inuke with my 35 YO ss stereo amplifier! ). Will connect the PC and look at some changes to be done with the included Dsp. I wonder if it could be a return, the AC and Usb cables were in an open and rewrapped plastic bag! What to look for ?

Reactions: Nalleh

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
if it was a return make sure there are no DSP settings left in it.

Reactions: vn800art

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the hint, @trilkb. Nothing left in. Connected to the laptop I have in the cave (slowly proceeding in the Rew steep learning curve, and ATM everything works! Yet), without making changes ( I programmed the Inuke from the front sequence, Stereo with no other processing, I only limited the output at -30db, now I set it at -18db, I must say a bit better, volume is actually at 1o'clock). But .... IT STOPS SUDDENLY PLAYING! It stopped while connected to the laptop, I thought it was because of me not entering any input. It has done it again without connection to the laptop!) I am listening in pure direct. Tv set could stop working (no signal) and put the Avr Off, wthout me noticing it?
Problem solved: the Tv shutting off after 10minutes. The Avr stood ON (!), the Mdax light on, no other light (the little on/off led light was unlighted!). But no sound after the 60 second count down, then the Tv shutted off itself. Only turning Tv on the sound came out immediately! No other movement on the Sr7011 screen (listening in pure direct, I remember).
Phew!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Listening to this:

.... So now I have a new amplifier and an included ... free ventilation in the room! Bloody noisy fan!
I also wonder if it could affect Audissey or Rew measurements!

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Fan mod is easy and not expensive. Has been discussed in several places on this forum.
Enjoy your new toys.
Michael

·
Registered
585 Posts
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Q-POWER-QBASS12-Dual-12-Vented-Port-Subwoofer-Sub-Box-Enclosure-36x13-25x16-25/113151887779?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Same item & seller, $33 shipped now.
Well, it happened again. The same seller getting hacked twice is no coincidence. Something fishy is going on here. I'll just build my own box (and watch my paypal account very carefully).

"Hello,
You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
113151887779 - Q-POWER QBASS12 Dual 12" Vented Port Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure |36x13.25x16.25
We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled."

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
Well thanks again. I didn't think about checking my Paypal account. Nothing fishy there, except that the payment to this guy selling the boxes has *not* been refunded. Just went through the eBay "resolve this issue" deal so I'll see what happens. Wow, this went from 'cool to tool' real fast.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well thanks again. I didn't think about checking my Paypal account. Nothing fishy there, except that the payment to this guy selling the boxes has *not* been refunded. Just went through the eBay "resolve this issue" deal so I'll see what happens. Wow, this went from 'cool to tool' real fast.
Ebay got back to me immediately (ironically after I reported to them the cancelled transaction...which, of course, they were the ones that cancelled and had originally reported it to me) saying I will be credited within 3 days.

I'm all for supporting the "little guy" with my business, but I'll think twice about ordering from someone with less than 500 ebay reviews from now on. I'm glad my JBL subs are coming from Walmart. Even got a $25 credit buying them by opening up a Walmart credit card so they ended up being $45 shipped/tax for 2.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My transaction was cancelled too. I got already got a refund though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, couldn't be more excited, the boxes arrived 1 hour ago! I attach photos here. Correct me if I am wrong, aren't 1,25 cu.ft. per driver the AVS forum recommended volumes? They are made in China as everything nowadays, but ordered from a USA company! So the specs (1,67 cu.ft., if I remember well) on the GB reseller are wrong, or external. Very heavy. Front baffle thickness is 1,9 cm. Internal lining and also the screws are provided.
Not soliciting anybody, only really happy for my choice and for their safe arrival to me!
Regards
Alessandro

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
^^ Should be good :)

Reactions: vn800art

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I may try throwing my 4 up front and see what happens, 2 in each front corner. I'm getting great tactile feel but not really a good sound to go with it. It's like thunder with no sound lol.

4 more are probably in my future.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I may try throwing my 4 up front and see what happens, 2 in each front corner. I'm getting great tactile feel but not really a good sound to go with it. It's like thunder with no sound lol.

4 more are probably in my future.
Yes, this has been adressed before, nearfields only is not optimal, as you get more of the native response of the drivers, and less room gain.
So nearfields: more TR less ULF.
Farfields : more ULF, less TR.
Both: EXELLENT ULF AND TR ;)

That being said, in my setup with 12 of them nearfield with just one NU6K, playing only them is pretty darn impressive, exept for the really low stuff( below ~15hz).

PS: have you tried some low shelf to boost the low end?

381 - 400 of 3724 Posts