AVS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
The writers/creators(show runners) did say they would need 4 seasons to tell it like they wanted to, hopefully they'll figure it out, because I don't feel very confident they'll get more than season 3 to tell their story. Man this show is just getting better by the week, surely they'll figure it out and at least give us a good ending, they have said they know the ending. I really do want this show to have a proper closure.
Why is it that the better a show is the earlier fans of the show start bracing themselves for the ending. It's almost like it's too good to be on and someone is going to pull it off the TV.

·
UHD Addict
37,236 Posts
Why is it that the better a show is the earlier fans of the show start bracing themselves for the ending. It's almost like it's too good to be on and someone is going to pull off the TV.
Isn't that usually the case?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Why is it that the better a show is the earlier fans of the show start bracing themselves for the ending. It's almost like it's too good to be on and someone is going to pull off the TV.
The cut to 10 episodes next year wasn't what I would call a vote of confidence, the numbers seem to have leveled and I don't expect a rise, probably a slight dip, it might be possible to grow the audience on Netflix, like Breaking Bad, but unless they change it's hooked in with Hulu.

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
Oh dear lord, we still have another episode this season. I don't even know what to say about tonight's episode.

I've got faith in the writers so we'll see what they make out of this mess.
Yes, they do seem to be in a bit of a pickle. However, it's a time travel show, so maybe a flying DeLorean will show up and save them. :D

It seemed like the easy way out would have been to leave themselves a note in the hotel room stating who the Primary who gets killed in 1957 was so they could get it right the next time. Of course there have been other episodes where notes to themselves would have been helpful also. Put them in an envelope with instructions on the front not to open until X date.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The cut to 10 episodes next year wasn't what I would call a vote of confidence, the numbers seem to have leveled and I don't expect a rise, probably a slight dip, it might be possible to grow the audience on Netflix, like Breaking Bad, but unless they change it's hooked in with Hulu.
Some of these channels seem to give their shows a very short self life based on old corporate fiscal policy. I been noticing a pattern for all Comcast/NBC entertainment properties which Syfy is one. It seems if a show doesn't meet certain benchmarks from the bygone era, base on almost impossible numbers of viewers vs. production cost by today's standard, the show is gone. It doesn't matter the quality. The value of the product in terms of shopper satisfaction is nowhere in their business plan like it is in Netflix's plan. Shareholders are in and customers are out. Bath water is in and baby thrown out the window, very 'F...'ed up. It's like a plan from a newly minted MBA graduate to slowly keep the failing hidden while the boss and his generation are off on the golf-coarse, singing, this is the life.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
There was a conscience effort to dwell on Cole's cutting his finger and the red blood running down on the grasses. That plus the frequent cuts the house with red overlay seemed to indicate that one of the two inhabitants in the house was the Witness. It might not be the case but if so I think it was the writer's intention to at least throw us off. We'll know on Monday.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I'm a little disappointed they're not running an all day marathon next Monday, I have all of this season on the DVR, but most of them are the On-demand ones and they expire on 8/17 ...

·
Premium Member
35,251 Posts
There was a conscience effort to dwell on Cole's cutting his finger and the red blood running down on the grasses. That plus the frequent cuts the house with red overlay seemed to indicate that one of the two inhabitants in the house was the Witness. It might not be the case but if so I think it was the writer's intention to at least throw us off. We'll know on Monday.
Yeah, that seemed a bit too on the nose to me, made me wonder right off if it was a misdirection.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Finally caught up... ready for the Monday finale. Agree this is one of the smartest well-planned time-travel shows out there. You can drop stuff casually and not over-explain them as long as you've got a tight plot and are consistent... and they do that very well here. I am WAY more impressed with this show than I ever thought I would be. I liked the movie, but was afraid this would be a cheap knock-off of an idea... but it's nowhere near that. It can completely stand on its own now as its own thing.

Regarding the house... remember... Cole bought it. He was fixing it up... but someone else owned it prior to his purchasing it... so it's also possible the previous owner was the one who built the house and owned the land to be sure it was there to sell to Cole to setup other things.

All the nebulous visions that Cassie had that led her there, don't necessarily paint either one of them as the witness. There's still the matter of Ramse's kid too... wherever he landed, someone was there waiting for him so he has been growing up somewhere and they made a point of showing his very detailed model of the splinter machine, which sets him up as a smart kid who remembers details... something that would come in handy for a "Witness", no?

Also, if Cole and Cassie are stuck in the past for a while... they might have a kid of their own. I'm curious to see where the (you know it will be a cliffhanger) ending of this season leaves us.

Meanwhile... the FBI dude who met his untimely end in Germany... he mentioned his family. It seemed like a throwaway line, but I'm wondering if Cole at some point might lookup the FBI guy's family on a trip at some point OR if somehow that FBI's lineage will play a part somewhere.

And Jennifer... she has a weird timeline now, right? At some point she's going to have to go back to the past to grow old raising that group of her followers (and raise the daughter they saved too)... otherwise they have another paradox on their hands.

That's all I can think of at the moment... I watched a bunch of episodes to catch up this week... all good ones too!

·
UHD Addict
37,236 Posts
Finally caught up... ready for the Monday finale. Agree this is one of the smartest well-planned time-travel shows out there. You can drop stuff casually and not over-explain them as long as you've got a tight plot and are consistent... and they do that very well here. I am WAY more impressed with this show than I ever thought I would be. I liked the movie, but was afraid this would be a cheap knock-off of an idea... but it's nowhere near that. It can completely stand on its own now as its own thing.

Regarding the house... remember... Cole bought it. He was fixing it up... but someone else owned it prior to his purchasing it... so it's also possible the previous owner was the one who built the house and owned the land to be sure it was there to sell to Cole to setup other things.

All the nebulous visions that Cassie had that led her there, don't necessarily paint either one of them as the witness. There's still the matter of Ramse's kid too... wherever he landed, someone was there waiting for him so he has been growing up somewhere and they made a point of showing his very detailed model of the splinter machine, which sets him up as a smart kid who remembers details... something that would come in handy for a "Witness", no?

Also, if Cole and Cassie are stuck in the past for a while... they might have a kid of their own. I'm curious to see where the (you know it will be a cliffhanger) ending of this season leaves us.

Meanwhile... the FBI dude who met his untimely end in Germany... he mentioned his family. It seemed like a throwaway line, but I'm wondering if Cole at some point might lookup the FBI guy's family on a trip at some point OR if somehow that FBI's lineage will play a part somewhere.

And Jennifer... she has a weird timeline now, right? At some point she's going to have to go back to the past to grow old raising that group of her followers (and raise the daughter they saved too)... otherwise they have another paradox on their hands.

That's all I can think of at the moment... I watched a bunch of episodes to catch up this week... all good ones too!
But Jennifer also took a different path than the older one. So that already is a major difference.

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
20,351 Posts
As far as Jennifer, it "depends" we don't know the intricacies of what they did just yet. They basically brought her past self forward after that timeline had already been "completed". Since nothing has changed (that we know of) this is always how it was meant to happen. As Jennifer says there are many endings that was just one of them.

Sent from nowhere

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
It's still before his death so he could still show up again.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
But Jennifer also took a different path than the older one. So that already is a major difference.
Older Jennifer TOLD young Jennifer she didn't go to Titan. But how did we know she didn't lie because young Jennifer would want to know details and wouldn't want to go? Or because young Jennifer needed to feel she was choosing her own path?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
It's still before his death so he could still show up again.
Is it, I thought he died in the 40's and they're(Cassie and Cole) in 59 'ish now, right? You are right, I just remembered his death(Gale, the FBI agent) was the ep where they tricked Cole and went to around 61 or so, I remember they doctored his drink and he saw JFK on the tv before he got knocked out.

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
Older Jennifer TOLD young Jennifer she didn't go to Titan. But how did we know she didn't lie because young Jennifer would want to know details and wouldn't want to go? Or because young Jennifer needed to feel she was choosing her own path?
Yes, you'd have to believe that she was telling the truth, not trying to manipulate her into going to Titan. The jury is out whether they're doing something different this time around IMHO.

I'm somewhat expecting Jennifer and her remaining army to pop up at Titan in the finale.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Is it, I thought he died in the 40's and they're(Cassie and Cole) in 59 'ish now, right? You are right, I just remembered his death(Gale, the FBI agent) was the ep where they tricked Cole and went to around 61 or so, I remember they doctored his drink and he saw JFK on the tv before he got knocked out.
In 1961, the FBI agent also hinted at a strong relationship with Cole that didn't make sense to Cole, indicating that he's likely to pop up again working in the past with post 1961 event Cole.

BTW: Must be fun as an actor to play a character who dies in a time travel show, but then could continue to have strong reoccuring roles in the past. You definitely aren't necessarily done with this show when you die.

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Because of how Ramsey and his lot ended up, I have to think that Cole and Cassie change something to prevent that future from happening. I am guessing that Cassie is the key.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
There was something about that masked character at Titan, who is presumably the Witness, that made me think it was Cassie - or at least a woman. Though I had earlier theorized Cole was the Witness, I didn't get the sense it was that actor under the Witness costume.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Because of how Ramsey and his lot ended up, I have to think that Cole and Cassie change something to prevent that future from happening. I am guessing that Cassie is the key.
Another thing about Ramse, is that I've never seen a death date on the time map, Jennifer's was nailed to the day and the last one I saw or remember had Cassie in 2017, it's hard to keep up with the timeline sometimes. LOL this happened before but it was in the future stuff gets head scratching for sure.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Just occurred to me. What would really suck is if 12 Monkeys pulls some kind of stupid TWD cliffhanger and we don't find out who the witness is next episode :(

501 - 520 of 797 Posts