AVS Forum banner

581 - 600 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Other paradoxes have been problematic, though, haven't they? Cole did the watch paradox in the first season... and mixed with his own blood paradox... I think paradox killings in general would be bad for the timeline, but especially if it was somehow an important person.

I gather these primaries are somehow in tune with nature more somehow... like how they have visions of possible futures and the past... and with that magic time-traveling herb like Cole drank and mentally time-travelled... I would guess the setup is that killing a primary via paradox doesn't just remove that primary, but it trickles elsewhere into the timeline because of their integral connections that other people don't have.

I'm making some of this stuff up... admittedly this show is now a mix of science and supernatural (kinda) that is harder to describe.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. What's the best show on Syfy right now? The Expanse?
The Expanse isn't on right now. I'd vote for Dark Matter ;)

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Anyone heard when season #2 will be available for streaming? Unfortunately I didn't save the first 7 episodes of season #2 on my DVR and only had them where I had saved them from on-demand. The On-demand ones expired earlier this week and are gone from my DVR. Just wondering when they might be available again or anyone hear. I guess I could buy them from Amazon, but not sure I really want to purchase them, if I did I would probably just get the Blu-ray version when it becomes available.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I look forward to the next season and really enjoy this show with its continuing story arc instead of the typical crime scene of the week self contained trash most networks produce.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
From HOTP:

TV Notes (Cable)
'12 Monkeys' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Syfy
By Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter's 'Live Feed' Blog - Mar. 16, 2017

Syfy has seen the future, and it includes the end of 12 Monkeys.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has renewed the Terry Matalas drama for a fourth and final season while announcing its first-ever linear binge for its upcoming third season.

Season three will premiere over three consecutive nights (May 19-May 21) on the network, with the first four episodes airing Friday starting at 8 p.m., followed by three apiece on Saturday and Sunday. Season four will again consist of 10 episodes and return next year. A premiere date has not been announced.

Jeff Wachtel, president and chief content officer at NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, said that "12 Monkeys has a dedicated and enthusiastic fanbase thanks to the epic storytelling by Terry Matalas and the stellar cast and crew." He continued: "We are thrilled to be able to offer fans an opportunity to binge the third season as a reward for their lasting support, and we couldn't be more excited to see where Terry takes us with the final chapter of this fabulous story in the fourth season."

The Atlas Entertainment drama from Universal Cable Productions has been a critical favorite and ratings underperformer. The Aaron Stanford and Amanda Schull starrer draws 400,000 same-day viewers before posting solid DVR gains. Based on the feature of the same name, 12 Monkeys landed at Hulu in an SVOD deal last year.

The series serves as the cornerstone of Syfy's brand reinvention, as the cabler has made a concerted effort to focus its rebuilding on more traditional science-fiction fare. Its roster of originals also includes The Expanse, The Magicians, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Wynonna Earp, Channel Zero, Van Helsing, Z Nation and the upcoming Blood Drive and Superstition. Syfy is also readying pilots Happy, Krypton, The Machine and Haunted. Incorporated and Hunters were recently canceled after one-season runs.

Back to the Future's Christopher Lloyd guest-stars in season three.

EW was the first to report the news.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/12-monkeys-renewed-fourth-final-season-at-syfy-986636
This is excellent news, as IIRC the show was meant to be at least 4 seasons, and if season 3 had been the last, the planned plot developments would have been compressed and not played out properly. It looks like we will be able to get the full story, after all. :)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Wow.... 10 season three episodes released over three nights- awesome!

... and a advanced renewal for 10 final season four episodes... even better news.

Syfy has certainly upped their game- I went from watching zero Syfy series just a couple of years back to now watching The Expanse, Dark Matter, Killjoy and 12 Monkeys.

Too bad Incorporated didn't get picked up and Defiance got canned last year.

·
Registered
20,420 Posts
Outside of the Incorporated news, SyFy has been on a roll lately. Happy that they are letting this show breathe it's final breath fully. Will be sad to see it go, but happy that they won't have to rush things too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
35,387 Posts
Another 20 episodes to finish this show seems like plenty to me, you never want to stretch out a show about time travel as it gets far too convoluted. This show has done a very good job in keeping things coherent so far, more than 20 eps could make things very messy, in fact, they probably could have done it in just 10 episodes.

I love that their releasing S3 in a sort of binge-style, this show is much easier to follow when viewed in that manner.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Will season three only air during the three-day binge window, or will they then air each episode on a weekly basis? I'm a PS Vue sub and not much of a binge-watcher (though late May-early June is as good a time as any for such activity), so I only get 28 days to watch shows that I "record" on the PS Vue cloud.

·
Registered
20,420 Posts
Will season three only air during the three-day binge window, or will they then air each episode on a weekly basis? I'm a PS Vue sub and not much of a binge-watcher (though late May-early June is as good a time as any for such activity), so I only get 28 days to watch shows that I "record" on the PS Vue cloud.

As far as I've seen, they've only mentioned the binge type airings. SyFy does reair their shows a few times, so you may catch it at a later date, not sure how delayed you plan on watching however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
35,387 Posts
I wonder what they are going to put in the airtime slot "12 Monkeys" occupied? Buring off 10 episodes over a few days is going to leave a hole in the schedule.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Wow.... 10 season three episodes released over three nights- awesome!

... and a advanced renewal for 10 final season four episodes... even better news.

Syfy has certainly upped their game- I went from watching zero Syfy series just a couple of years back to now watching The Expanse, Dark Matter, Killjoy and 12 Monkeys.

Too bad Incorporated didn't get picked up and Defiance got canned last year.
I was bummed out the Helix didn't go on actually. Wouldn't have minded a bit more of Continum either! But yeah, the other shows are really good. :)

·
Registered
27,383 Posts
I think both 'Helix' and 'Continuum' had reached the end of their narrative lives considering the relative quality of their last seasons. Especially 'Helix' -- that was a hot mess by the end. Not that I don't think a television world without Rachel Nichols in it is a world I don't want to live in.

581 - 600 of 797 Posts