AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few month old 12" powerbook with an external DVI connector. I just bought a 36" SONY KV-36HS420. I am currently connecting the laptop to the TV using a DVI to HDMI converter.

When I connect the TV, the powerbook auto detect the TV as a SONY TV, however, none of the presets give neither a crisp picture now the correct scale. I have tried playing around with DisplayConfigX, though I am a littler nervous about damaging my TV.

I've seen some great reults with the imac mini, but has anyone had any luck with my TV and/or powerbook?

·
Registered
33 Posts
DisplayConfigX will allow you to adjust the timings or "scaling" you have been seeing. You should not damage your TV as long as you maintain the proper refresh rates (typically V:60Hz H:45Hz). You will have to be aware of burn-in however if you leave a static image on your CRT for extended periods of time. DisplayConfigX will not unfortunately help you fix the blur that you are seeing. The blur is a common problem with CRTs being used as digital displays. It is called divergence. The three electron tubes in your TV are not aligned perfectly. This is common, but is not normally noticed because of the general PQ of SD TV. You can have the TV calibrated by a professional to improve this, but it's likely that it will never look as good as it does on an LCD or some other type of display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.