AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really cannot believe this movie was directed by the same renny harlin who directed Die Hard 2 which was an awesome movie. This main action character has zero acting or charisma. It seemed like the whole movie he was always running to or from someome.

It was almost as if they knew he acting was not his strong pts so they just used up his screen time by letting him run. The movie itself had no plot and I swear to god someone said this on IMDB that this movie felt liked it had a high school budget and directed by a film student and I cannot agree more.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
We're all entitled to your opinion, but...

I think this is the first time I've ever seen "Die Hard 2" and "awesome movie" in the same sentence.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Die hard 2 was amazing. 12 rounds was a joke. watch it and you will see how amateurish the production quality is. I tried to warn y all.

If you guys thought Push was bad wait until you see this. Push will seem like godfather after seeing 12 this.

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 /forum/post/16980347

Die hard 2 was amazing. 12 rounds was a joke. watch it and you will see how amateurish the production quality is. I tried to warn y all.

If you guys thought Push was bad wait until you see this. Push will seem like godfather after seeing 12 this.

In all due respect, I thought 12 rounds was MUCH better than Push which was in the same league as Jumper. 12 Rounds was a fun thrill ride type film IMO while Push was just ridiculous (I almost turned Push off when the guy starts screaming
).

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/16980486

In all due respect, I thought 12 rounds was MUCH better than Push which was in the same league as Jumper. 12 Rounds was a fun thrill ride type film IMO while Push was just ridiculous (I almost turned Push off when the guy starts screaming
).

I tried to watch Push twice and I still could not finish it.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 /forum/post/16979474

Well this will be the second time you're seeing it then because Die Hard 2 was an awesome movie and 12 Rounds was 12 Rounds of lame.

I know, it's mind boggling how anyone can tolerate this weird movie. I swear, it's like de javu the whole time, he shoots, he ducks, he runs fast. Rinse, lather, repeat...and it's like this to the end then you're like...WTF thats it???

·
Registered
10,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/16980492

You may or may not like the film Franin, but you will enjoy the audio I am sure

I thought the audio was less then it should have been. See my post in the BD audio tier thread.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/16980486

).

We agree here, though I wasn't crazy about this film, Push is just several notch below it for what it worth.

Frankly if Heath Ledger wasn't dead I would suspect he voice casted the main character, their voice is very much alike, except this guy's delivery was like he is sleep walking. I understand he's a wrestler?

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/16988316

I thought the audio was less then it should have been. See my post in the BD audio tier thread.

I did see your post about 12 Rounds. I guess not everyone thought it sounded as good as I did.....oh well. I really thought this was a fantastic sounding track, but with anything audio opinions will vary

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun /forum/post/16988332

We agree here, though I wasn't crazy about this film, Push is just several notch below it for what it worth.

Frankly if Heath Ledger wasn't dead I would suspect he voice casted the main character, their voice is very much alike, except this guy's delivery was like he is sleep walking. I understand he's a wrestler?

I did not think 12 Rounds was amazing or anything but just thought it was a fun turn your brain off thrillride type film......I dont see myself watching it again
I agree that Push is several notches below 12 Rounds

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/16990970

I did see your post about 12 Rounds. I guess not everyone thought it sounded as good as I did.....oh well. I really thought this was a fantastic sounding track, but with anything audio opinions will vary

Will be finally watching this one tonight.

·
Premium Member
24,365 Posts
I actually did not mine the film, it wasn't too bad compared to other films out there. Id rather watch this guy than watch a Steven Segal film any day. the Aq was good, the LFE worked well tonight. But I did find it too much in some scenes.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
I have not seen 12 Rounds and based on what I have been able to learn about it, I won't see it. By all indications it is a dog. IMDb voters, the few who saw it, gave it an average vote of 5.4 out of 10 . Of the reviews of the film collected on the Rottentomatoes.com Web site , only 29 percent were positive. Of the top critics' reviews, only 13 percent were positive. The movie was directed by Renny Harlin, who was responsible for the equally awful The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, starring Andrew Dice Clay.

All of this said, I agree that Die Hard 2, which Harlin also directed and was the second picture in Bruce Willis' Die Hard franchise, was a pretty good film.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.