AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some info directly from Marantz today regarding the trigger function on two MA6100 Monoblocks. The MA6100s are used to drive Zone 2 speakers from a Pioneer Elite VSX-32.

The 12V trigger output from the VSX-32 uses a 3.5mm connection and the amps ext. cont in accept an RCA connection.

The tech at Marantz stated I need a "12V Block" connected to the VSX-32 and from the "12V Block" separate connections to both amps.

Makes sense to me, but what device is the "12V Block" the Marantz tech refers to? Is it something like a 12V Power Supply with trigger outputs?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Is the control input spec'd?

If you need something to create additional trigger outputs, Emotiva makes one.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/20767936

Is the control input spec'd?

If you need something to create additional trigger outputs, Emotiva makes one.

Not sure what you mean by "Is the control input spec'd?" The MA6100, unlike the MA500 should accept input from a non Marantz, non proprietary device.

My initial thought was to use a (1) 3.5mm to (2) RCA cable. 3.5mm from trigger output on receiver, RCA to the each amp's ext. cont in jack. I may try this.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensctt /forum/post/20768401

Not sure what you mean by "Is the control input spec'd?" The MA6100, unlike the MA500 should accept input from a non Marantz, non proprietary device.

My initial thought was to use a (1) 3.5mm to (2) RCA cable. 3.5mm from trigger output on receiver, RCA to the each amp's ext. cont in jack. I may try this.

TRS to RCA should work here, just make sure the polarity matches throughout.

Otherwise I would look at the Emotiva device, I think what the Marantz tech is suggesting is a wall-wart/power brick that can provide 12V to feed into the amps, but that may not be it (it would work though, I'd probably still get the Emotiva, it isn't dreadfully expensive and it's purpose built).

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Sorry, I meant voltage levels (threshold and max) and load (current draw). I have some older units and the control input is 5 V, not 12 V, so would not hook it to a 12 V trigger output. I am not sure what "12 V block" means. Also, most trigger outputs will source

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH50 /forum/post/20770629

Sorry, I meant voltage levels (threshold and max) and load (current draw). I have some older units and the control input is 5 V, not 12 V, so would not hook it to a 12 V trigger output. I am not sure what "12 V block" means. Also, most trigger outputs will source

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.