AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynbiosVyse /forum/post/14268866

Is there a comprehensive list of all the models with 120Hz? If not maybe someone should start one.

Not to sound rude, but why? Most manufacturers have some sort of 120Hz set...

Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Sharp, Phillips,etc.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
pretty much all lcd manufacturers have 120hz technology these days, but usually only on 40 inch models and up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a 32' and I keep finding tons of different stories as to whether a set really has 120 Hz or not.

I think the only way to really know is to hook up your computer and just set the thing to 120 Hz refresh rate. All the manufacturers have their own gimmicks for naming 120 Hz and a lot of people interpret it differently.

I've seen different reports about the 32XBR6. But I probably won't believe anyone until I go to best buy tomorrow to see if they will let me hook up my laptop to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
if you were looking at a 32 inch, I only know of the sony 32xbr4 and panasonic 32lx700 that have 120hz. both are 720p models from last year. i don't believe the 32xbr6 is a 120hz set.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynbiosVyse /forum/post/14273591

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for a 32' and I keep finding tons of different stories as to whether a set really has 120 Hz or not.

I think the only way to really know is to hook up your computer and just set the thing to 120 Hz refresh rate. All the manufacturers have their own gimmicks for naming 120 Hz and a lot of people interpret it differently.

I've seen different reports about the 32XBR6. But I probably won't believe anyone until I go to best buy tomorrow to see if they will let me hook up my laptop to it.

Actually, most (if not all) 120Hz LCDs on the market only accept a 60Hz input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts