AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have ~$120 in gift certificates, etc to spend at bestbuy. I've been needing some headphones for a while, so I figure why not. I'm actually considering getting a pair of over the ear, and and earbuds for different situations.

I'm buying a lot of other stuff right now, including Axiom front and center in the next couple of weeks (woot!), so I really don't want to spend too much out of pocket.

Even if i had more $ to spend, i'd probably hold off some, because I have a history of being tough on things.

Has anyone ever heard of Able Planet, theres several headphones making claims such as noise canceling etc, for what seems like a fair price. Obviously Sennheiser will come up a lot...are Klipsch's any good? I had a couple pairs of ~$30ish Sony headphones a couple years, and they did alright, and were really comfy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Audio/He...d=abcat0204000

So yea, a pair of headphones and earbuds totalling around $120. I know its not a spectacular budget, but I hope you guys can make some recommendations

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't have a problem ordering online, i'd prefer not to have the clipon or behind the head styles.

But, klipsch headphones are good quality?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any more thoughts? I guess klipsch and sennheiser are shoe ins? Any specific models? Anyone ever heard or heard of able planet? I realize my budget isn't too exciting, but it will be an improvement over what I currently have. Just want to get the most bang for my buck.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Not up to date on head phones... but on your choice for Axiom...just do your homework first...use the search button...Mostly the only think that sticks out about Axiom's VP150 center is that it's an underacheiver...I've read very very few post of people who were satisfied with it.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonpablo /forum/post/18268614

i don't have a problem ordering online, i'd prefer not to have the clipon or behind the head styles.

But, klipsch headphones are good quality?

Klipsch is known to have good headphones. If I were you, I would also consider Shure though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 /forum/post/18271985

Not up to date on head phones... but on your choice for Axiom...just do your homework first...use the search button...Mostly the only think that sticks out about Axiom's VP150 center is that it's an underacheiver...I've read very very few post of people who were satisfied with it.

On this sidenote i've looked around at a lot of axiom reviews, albeit not for specifically the V150. I haven't seen anything negative said, but I suppose I'll search around some more. Tbh with the plethora of options available at my price point, and not having many places to audition, I was going with axioms after living at an apt for a summer that had a pair that sounded great.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm a big fan of the in-ear headphones made by Shure myself...

·
Banned
1,805 Posts
I have the Shure SRH840s at work, and they're definitely one of the best buys for the money. Best Buy may carry the little brother, SRH440s.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santapimp27 /forum/post/18273690

I have a pair of S4's and there pretty damn nice.

however, im thinking about a pair of Shure SE530's or Sennheiser IE8's

I have SE530's. I would strongly recommend them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the s4s look pretty nice, except almost every con listed is the thin cord and questions of durability of the cord. has anyone had a problem with this? earphones with short cords tend to get yanked a lot by me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am not a fun of monster but I did hear Dr. dre Beats. They were very good with very nice bass. I am not sure what they cost but they were very good.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonpablo /forum/post/18274792

the s4s look pretty nice, except almost every con listed is the thin cord and questions of durability of the cord. has anyone had a problem with this? earphones with short cords tend to get yanked a lot by me.

The shure are actualy for onstage monitoring for live bands but they could still pull out easy i dont know. You would think for onstage peformers they would tend to be more durable but like i said i never tried the S4

I had a pair of the S2 and they were pretty durable but they had harsh highs and good bass. Then i got a pair of S3s they were just the oposite, good highs and midrange but had no bass. The S4 might have the best of both i kinda got out of headphones once i found my favorite. (D77 sony eggo)

It was all over after that, moved on to a new hobby.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonpablo /forum/post/18274792

I was scared of similar reviews before I purchased mine, but have been using it for years with no problem at all!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts