AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while trying to get rid from an old problem - Waves in the left side - I was "playing" with the Horizontal Phase Adjustment and

Raster Shift Adjustment. suddenly the image moved strongly to the right (a part is out of the screen) , and totally out of convergence.

The message I got on the screen "Failure I2C error F0H".

This failure " I2C error F0H" and image in the right & totally out of convergence is in all the blocks and resolutions. even in the PJ starting "Warm UP" mode.

I can't do the following operations:

1. To use the Raster Shift.

2. To convergence in the center (the convergence in the sides is functioning),

I am still able to do:

1.Horizontal Phase Adjustment

2.Side convergence (only).

3.Coarse Convergence.

4.Focusing.

5.Left - Right adj.

6.Top - Bottom adj.

7.Horizontal & Vertical Size adj.

I have checked the fuses in the SMPS & Power (main) input module and they were OK.

I'll appreciate any input/suggestions

Rittberg

·
Registered
968 Posts
The address F0H should be IC52 on your "Focus + Horiz Shift" module 762271 (I'm pretty sure anyway) and that chip controls horizontal shift of all three colors. You can still do vertical raster shift right?

This is an odd opto-isolated circuit that uses the SCL/SDA serial interface through those isolation circuits. The I2C failure means this serial data bus isn't hand-shaking back to the controller like its supposed to be doing. Chances are that the control chip itself is still good, but that the circuitry in the neighborhood has failed - possibly in power circuits.

The easiest way to prove this would probably be to borrow another 762271 board and see if it fixes it.

I don't understand why this would have happened while adjusting horizontal phase though.

Two things I might try since its not working anyway is to (1) see what happens when you adjust the horizontal position POTs for red and blue - do they still move? (2) Delete all your memory blocks in the service menu - maybe two settings are conflicting, but I doubt it. Since I've heard of this before I wonder if this circuit can be adjusted to fail?! Doesn't seem likely...

Also, there was a post by Mark Rowley where he showed pictures of wavey lines in only one color on his green tube that was eventually identified as a bad resistor connection on his deflection switching board.

Mark

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your input,

>You can still do vertical raster shift right?

>(1) see what happens when you adjust the horizontal position POTs for red and blue - do they still move?

>(2) Delete all your memory blocks in the service menu - maybe two settings are conflicting, but I doubt it.

Thanks,

Rittberg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Okay. That sparked a memory of a Curt Palme post a while back so I looked at the service manual again. Now I'll vote that your SMPS has a greater chance of being the problem. The power that runs the optically isolated circuit comes from the SMPS and since you have no manual shifting capability I'm thinking your SMPS now. There are two fuses on the SMPS in two legs of this three leg power supply circuit you could check.

I'll do a search for that old post and see if I can find it, but try to get Curt to jump in here...

Mark

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,

The SMPS is in my hands, the fuses F1 - T 125 MA & F3 - 15 A are OK.

On the SMPS - main board I see 9 small " black round pieces" I hope that they are fuses( in the 1209s service manual - page 292,293 - F200- F207 & F210)

only F205 is "open", can some one confirm that : F205 - T 4 AL/250V is a fuse and it should be "closed"

Rittberg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cousin.It
F205 and F206 are your horizontal shift power supply fuses so you're on the right track...

Mark
Mark,

Thanks for your help, I will change F205 hopping that this will solve the "Failure I2C error F0H"

Rittberg

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Rittberg:

I haven't forgotten that I owe you a HTPC capture card. The parts I used are no longer available. I will refund the entire amount if desired. Do you have a paypal account? I have some cash in my paypal account and can pull it from there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
Rittberg:

I haven't forgotten that I owe you a HTPC capture card. The parts I used are no longer available. I will refund the entire amount if desired. Do you have a paypal account? I have some cash in my paypal account and can pull it from there.
Hi Ken,

I send to you ([email protected]) my paypal account details,

Thanks, Rittberg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Mark,

Just wanted to inform that the "Failure I2C error F0H" was fixed by replacing the fuse - F205 on the SMPS board.

Thank you for your assistance.

Rittberg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Cousin.It

Now, about that left-side wavey problem...

Mark

I had enough for this weekend ;)

The 1209s is mounted with 6-7% closer to the screen than recommended by Barco's program lens ( in the same location where my previous 708 was mounted) utilizing the phosphor to max. leaving just small boarders.

According to the local Barco chief technician the left wavey problem is a known problem and it's becoming more pronounced higher you go with the Horizontal scan rate which is in my case 81.495 KHz(1440 X [email protected] 71.929Hz). There are no waves when I ran at 57KHz(1024 X [email protected] 71.929Hz).

B4 in Mark Rowley thread wrote:" It's more of a characteristic than a fault."

So according to Barco the best thing to do is to move back the PJ so that the wavey part will be outside the image or to minimize it by using the Phase and Raster shift, which I am doing since I mount the PJ.

I will check the deflection switching board during the next weekend.

Thanks,

Rittberg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.