Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads-up folks...

Circuit City is running a special this week- the Western Digital 1200BB 120GB hard drive has a $150 mail-in rebate.

I've been following all of the threads from the beginning regarding the upgrade and subsequent unlocking of the original drive. Is all of this still possible, or has anything changed recently that would disallow me from accomplishing this with one of these drives from Circuit City.

Thanks... WireBoy. :)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Puglas
How much before rebate?
$299.99 before rebate

It's actually 2 rebates.

$120.00 WD rebate and a $30 CC rebate.

Offer ends 5/18

$150 for this HD is a good deal. Thanks for the info, WireBoy.

-NJJ

·
Registered
530 Posts
you should look for the AB drive which is 5400 rpm, the BB is 7200 and is louder and has caused some people problems.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I thought the BB was 5400 rpm with 2MB buffer and the JB was 7200 rpm with an 8MB buffer.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by raldrich
I thought the BB was 5400 rpm with 2MB buffer and the JB was 7200 rpm with an 8MB buffer.
AB is 5400 rpm

BB is 7200 rpm with 2MB buffer

JB is 7200 rpm with 8MB buffer

-NJJ

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have not seen anyone posting here report any significant performance gains using the JB and its' 8MB buffer, so I would go with the best bargain you can find. Just from reading other people's posts, I would say that the BB has been the most popular upgrade drive so far. I don't recall anyone using the AB. There was a problem with JB's early on, but that seemed to be a problem with one particular vendor and others have used them since then without a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.