AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Samsung 42" LED TV and I LOVE it. The only problem I have run into I can't resolve myself, so I turn to you, the experts.

I have the Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-Ray player connected via HDMI. The picture is excellent. My problem is with the 120hz. Whenever my player turns on, or whenever I had the "Info" button, it displays 1080p 60hz. I have the Auto Motion Plus 120hz set to "Clear" on my TV, and the 24fps turned on on the Blu-Ray player. So why isn't it displaying 120hz? Should I turn OFF the 24fps?

I have tried different settings under the Auto Motion Plus. The "Smooth" setting, which I have heard many uses, cause my picture to move slowly and unrealistically. Is there something wrong with my TV or this normal?

Any help is loved, thank you!

·
Registered
591 Posts
okay well you will never get 120hz from any source anytime soon. At least not from a bd player or sat. You can get it from a good pc, but you will get 60 from players and tv. The 120hz should be set to off if you want the smoothest picture. The reason it says 60 is simply bc its telling you what its getting from the source. By turning off the 120hz motion plus, you turn off processing that slows down the response of the picture.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The Info button whows what the TV is currently receivig. It does appear that your BR player is outputting 1080p/60 instaed of 1080p/24 check your BR manual and settings again.

Your TV always refreshs it's 1920x1080 screen at 120Hz. How it converts the 24 fps converts the 24fps input for display at 120Hz is a controlled by the motion control settings in your manual. Again check the user manual to know what options are availabe.

If it is receiving 60fps and you have AMP set to Clear the TV is only changing the content of the output buffer to the display every 1/60th of a second so each 60 fps frame is being displayed twice. I believe you also have a de-judder setting option for use with 24fps input content.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts