AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a tv for my dad. he will NOT be watching HD-DVD/Blu-ray at all. he will simply be watching HD ota and HD satellite.

i was told that 120hz only mattered for video and not HDTV. true?

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirvin /forum/post/12995425

im looking for a tv for my dad. he will NOT be watching HD-DVD/Blu-ray at all. he will simply be watching HD ota and HD satellite.

i was told that 120hz only mattered for video and not HDTV. true?

In fact, you probably will not want to use 120HZ for Video, but rather for TV. I like the 1080P/24 for Movies, as it keeps the original movie look in tact. The 120HZ is more useful for things like Sports on TV, etc.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I'm slightly confuzzled by this topic. Lol. 120hz works on EVERYTHING. 120hz by ITSELF isn't going to do much aside from removing 3:2 judder, bringing movie viewing closer to theatre like experiences.

People like the new 120hz sets because of their motion enhancers that are an extra feature among 120hz tvs. Some love it, some hate, some's opinions vary by whatever the feature is being used on, like me. This feature will affect everything on the TV, though it can be turned off.

All in all, I'd prefer a 120hz set with the option to turn the motion enhancer off if you DON'T like it.

For gaming, I'd definitely get a 120hz set, simply because games are a lot smoother than ANY other tv out there. No TV can make your 30fps games look like 60fps except some of these 120hz tvs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts