AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a problem with a 1251. Everytime i go to power the unit on it shuts right back down with error code "02" displayed oin the internal led. The fans come on but the and the staus light turns green for a slpit second but then everything returns back to standby mode. Anyone got the full service manual handy for that diagnostic code?

·
Registered
496 Posts
freebrd has a manual that will work, but I do not believe it lists codes. There is also a shutdown guide (By Mr. Chuck Williams, I think?) floating around that will help you diagnose the unit.

While I do not know the code off-hand, if the fans are OK my next suspicion would be the E board. You might check the transistors mounted to the heat sink, and examine the soldering on the entire board.

Hope it helps!

--Kieth

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shameless bump

don't want my dear old dad to start cryin.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
If nobody else answers I will look at my 1251 service manual tonight (Australian time) - about 6 or 7 hours I guess.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Error code 02

"H STOP (100V DOWN)

H deflection stops because of failure on E board or on other boards: Failure may exists in damaged Hout transistor (Q7 on E board).

Voltage building-up on +100V line is unsuccessful because of damaged transistors (Q10 or Q11) on PA board"

The japlish is not mine....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok that explains alot. It acts similar to when my h-transitor went out on my pg. Hopefully its just as easy to replace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.