AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased EBAY item number 3016907237.

If you look at the back picture, the BNC inputs are not there and there are 2 IFB-20 boards.

With absaloutely no understanding of HTPC's yet, is it posible to makle this configuration work as is or do I need to purchase another option board for the projector (or a special vide card)?

What type of cabling will I need? Where can I get it (if its something proprietary) or how could I make it?

I am also interested in getting a good AGP card for the PC to play higher end games, so I dont want to have to get a proprietary output on a card that doesnt have a good accelerator in it.

How can I do this?

I may just be missing something stupid, not understanding HTPC's yet and how they interface with the CRT...

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I just spoke to someone at crtcinema.com (VERY nice salesman)!

He talked to a tech who said I should replace the 2nd IFB-20 with the RGB input card (which I forget to get a part number of).

Does anyone know the part number for this and where I could buy one used?

I see alot of great sleelers on these boards but no phone numbers posted.

Was the salesman accurate?

Thanks ahead

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have to disagree, although the IFB-20 is not nearly as common as it's BNC brethren (IFB-10,11,12) it appears to provide the same functionality. The following link will take you to a thread that includes cabling diagrams for making your own cable.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=ifb20+pinout

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, Im feeling like a real DORK now. About 15 minutes ago I just closed an auction and paid $50 for a 1270 switcher with an IFB-10 card installed, just so I could use the card. I think Im going to get a break if he doesnt send the switcher, which I have no use for.

Either way, would you recommend I use the IFB-10 or get a special cable with the 15 to 9 connector made?

It doesnt sound like there would be any difference at all.

My $400 projector is getting very expensive very fast! :)

Guesss that's part of the fun and learning..

Johnny

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
Actually you may find having the switcher a very good thing if in the future you want multiple inputs for your projector. I'm using a switchers with both my VPH-1271 and G70 projectors and find them the best way to connect up multiple sources such as a HTPC, video scaler, HDTV set top box, etc. Of, course you would need to purchase additional IFB cards to provide the individual types of inputs you need.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
101 Posts
Funny thing about that guy, he has another projector on ebay, and if I'm not mistaken its the same ad for yours word for word item 3018383076

maybe he got a bunch in all in the exact same condition. I have a question about the seller "did he guarantee no DOA?" I'm just nosy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark, yes it is guaranteed not DOA.

I notuiced the other ad too. I have already questioned him about it. But he is a power seller with a good rating and sells a ton. Sellers like that dont worry me too much. I could always do a charge back or Paypal complaint too if it were a problem.

Also, the way he is shipping is not approved by Paypal and I used an uncomfirmed address, so I would win if it came down to it.

I protect myself in a few ways when purchasing larger items.

Ya never know....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.