AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1271 and when I first turned it on the tubes lit up with the green being very bright. A couple of seconds later the projector shut down with an error code 04.

I turned the G2 on the green down all the way and the projector will now start up without the error code, but the green is still way too bright. The test screens show up on the blue and red, but not on the green.

Anybody have some troubleshooting suggestions? Hopefully it is just a bad component and not the tube.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The Sony manual lists error code 04 as "1k-over" whatever that means.

You'll curse working on the Sony compared to the Ampros!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
The Sony manual lists error code 04 as "1k-over" whatever that means.
I believe it is an over current on the CRT. There is what appears to be a custom IC for each tube on the CA(RG) and CA(B) boards. The numbers are IC101, IC 201 and IC 301. There is some brownish material on pins 6, 7 and 9 of IC201 which goes to the green tube (it looks like solder flux). Don't know if this is indicative of a failure of this component or not. I also see this brownish stuff on a transistor in the green video circuit (Q204?).

Quote:
You'll curse working on the Sony compared to the Ampros!
Yea, it is a pain to get to the components and boards. A board swap that takes 5 minutes on an Ampro takes at least half an hour on the Sony.

It appears the Sony beats Ampro in at least one respect and that is cooling which appears to be a lot better than the Ampros.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.