AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m re-installing my sony 1271 I'm trying to focus my green tube but i can't focus the center and the perimeter at the same time. If I get the center focussed the perimeter is out of focus and if I use the focus pack i can turn the knob counter clockwise and now the center is out of focus and the perimeter is focussed. I'm so lost with this i've spent 4 hrs just trying to focus green with no success. I'm following mooneyass instuctions by adjusting the guns separately i've even tried putting the original spacers back but the outcome is still the same.

Pleeeaase Help!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Mike, look into the end of the lens to use the focus pot. After the image is sharp on the face of the CRT go to the center focus lens adjustment ring and rotate until the center of the image is sharp on the screen. Lock down the adjustment knob then adjust the outer focus ring and lock down. I am thinking both rings are rotating when you turn the lens due to the one not being locked.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply i just tried that and still the same result.

Any other suggestions would be great

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Is the 'H' pattern focused alll over the tube when you look into the lens?

Curt

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it looks perfectly focussed through out the whole rster face but on the screen i can only focus the sides or the center not both at the same time.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
This sounds like a mechanical problem. You might try swapping one lens to another to see if the problem follows. First check to see if the plastic spacer ring is seated in the proper indentions between the lens and the aluminum frame in front of the crt face.

·
Registered
345 Posts
In some 12xx's (and my XG actually) I find that even with the centre focus adjustment nut tightened the outer focus adjustment moves the centre focus.

Try and see if when you do the outer focus that the centre focus nut is moving along the slot. if it is, then your lens is a bit stiff and you'll have to find a way to keep the centre focus nut still while you do the outer focus.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have tried all the above i swapped lenses i've done all the adjustments and still the same. I can focus the the outer edge by adjusting the g2 knob

but this will blurr the center and vice-versa. I can focus the H pattern perfect but not together and other suggestions? I moved my projector forward to utilize the full raster I'm wondering if this is the problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.