AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a 1271q today have have been playing with it for the past 7 hours or so, learning about how to set it up etc...

Okay so here is the problem, When I hook the projector up, either though the composite or HDTV via RGB, something is wrong with the color balance. Flesh tones looks VERY off and the picture looks to be far green/blue. I have tried adjusting the Gain and Bias settings, but nothing has helped. The red gun seems to be working and appears to be bright, however while I turn off the red, it is barely noticeable in the picture.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind

Found the problem...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tell us!

Color temperature?

Bad RGBHV connetion?

Swapped RGBVH cables?

Wachowski Brothers Film???

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I turned a few dials in the projector, I think its called the G2 (I new at this lingo) and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
NEVER touch the G2...NEVER....EVER!!!!!!

Now go to a repair shop and tell them you played with G2 because you'd really like to give them a few thousand dollars :)

Leave G2 to the pros.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Well, with the 127x all you need is the manual and a volt meter. It's not rocket science. I suggested that you don't touch the, screens as it called on that PJ, until you have your bearings. What you should verify at this point is that all CRTs are cutting off and on the same level of black. If you still see raster when you should not, I'd stop and get the service manual and a volt meter. Get the G2s (screens) back in line and then research the calibration process. You need to learn Alignment/Focus/Convergence before getting on to white balance.

Quote:
Originally posted by genmax
Cool!! You will love it! Just don't touch the screens pots (right next to the focus pots) or the blue focus pot. And it's not as though you'll really F things up if you do, although you could if you crank the screens, but that you really want to go through the entire mechanical setup first.

There are tons of posts on here for the 127x line of PJs. A good mechanical setup, where the rasters are centered on the tubes and the pj is squared to the screen will lead to better and more stable alignment and convergence.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Yeah G2's is pi$$ easy on a 12xx, it's NEC's that are tricky,

·
Registered
10,354 Posts
Yep,

It's easy but I recommend 2.5 volts instead of 4. I know it isn't right, per the manaul, but it's right as rain per my experience with my 1271. With 4Volts bias's and brightness needs to be cranked way low to try to get the tubes to cut off. And if you do the visual method (as described in the service manual) and then check the voltages you will find 2 to 3 volts on each.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to let you know, it was the dials above the two focus controls on the bottem right of the pj

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I found the same voltages as Brian on my 1251 - 4v is too high. I went for 3 volts.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I'm one of those fearless ones who actually adjusts my G2 and drive levels on my Marquees BY EYE. It's quite an adventure, and it's very interesting to see just how different in appearance my different setups are. Since I lost the original factory settings in a projector reset anyway, I figured, what the heck.

It works out just fine, too. My no. 4 setup (user setup) is the best for movies. Blacks are utterly black, flesh tones are accurate, dark greys have no color bias, and in general the picture looks absolutely top notch.

Don't be afraid of those adjustments.

CJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.