AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at my buddies house to check out his 1292 that the green tube appeared to not be working..... anyway the tube lights up at the base (all 3) so i assume its the signal going to the tube. there are short verythin "ribbon" cables. do these transmt the signal to the tube? could it be that the board that attatces to the other end of the connectors (assuming its the video driver boards) be bad? red and green are on one then they are connected with a removable cable header to the blue board. any help greatly appreciated :)

-eric

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hi Eric,

try exchanging the ribbon cable of green with one from the red or blue tube - the green tube will work then if it has been the cable.

These cables are a weak link in the 1292's design, apart from that it is a very solid projector.

Oliver Klohs

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, those cables we're very thin and short so i guess the only way to do it is to physically move the tube from one location to the other? thanks! any ideas on where to get one of those cables? thanks again

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha ha what was i thinking.... good point :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have also seen a 1292 with problems in this area.

Turns out it was dust in the socket where this ribbon cable attaches to the CAB(?) board at the back of the crt. A bit of cleaning should right it.

Test it with another cable tho. Change the cable, not the CRT!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i wasnt going to switch the crt..... too much work... not to mention being scared of the 9" tubes.... that thing is so much different then the 1270. i'll try cleaning the connectors... it was the very very thin connector you had a problem with right? when he got it they said "it just stopped workign one day" btw has 3000 hours or so havent checked for wear yet....

Thanks

-Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.