AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the 7 "mounting" holes are actually threaded (and therefore used to mount the projector)? There are two sets of two holes on each side and three (arranged like a pyramid) in the center with the forward most of the three being the "standard hole" for installation. Kind of like this:

0_________0_________0

0______0_____0______0

for reference:

1_________2_________3

4______5_____6______7

I have not turned it over yet (220 Lbs) and am trying to install the mounting hardware on the ceiling. Let me know which of the seven (I have heard only five?) are threaded.....

Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
You MUST use the 7 x Metric 8 mm fixations !!!! It's very important for a good distribition of the total weight through the 1292 chassis ;)

PS : Do not use too many force to attatch these screws !!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pec,

Thanks, but I have been told that only five of the seven holes are threaded and will accept a bolt? Are you saying that all seven are actually used?

Ed

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was going to start a new thread but this one should work fine.

In the "Installation manual for dealers" there are som pictures of the pj showing the measurements for both "center of projection balance" and "rotation axis of the PSS-1270". If I want the pj to be balanced, which of the two points should I use?

/Kent

·
Registered
177 Posts
Only 5 of the seven holes on my 1292QM were used. Two of the outside holes never had the thread inserted into them.

The QM version of Service Manual marks these unthreaded holes with a square instead of a cicle.

Checked the Q installation manual online and all holes look like they are marked with circle, but it's not very clear.

The 5 hole thing may be just a QM thing, or something particular on my unit. Seen a few 1292's, just never paid attention to the mounting bolts on them. They were all floor mounted.

If you shine a light or poke something down there it will be obvious which ones have thread. Will be interesting to find out what other units have. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.