AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased the UN46b6000 at a very good price and love it all besides the "flashlighting". It almost makes it impossible to watch darker movies/letterbox movies at night. Now my other issue is I have had it about a week and a half and could return it. After talking to a tech I could have it serviced but it may make things worse as it is just the nature of the edge lit LED. My questions for you are, would you be able to overlook the issue for the price, should I hold out for the new samsungs, and has anyone had the backlight issues fixed after having samsung service the T.V./is it worth trying?

I am new to the boards so, thank you for your input

·
Registered
14 Posts
Regardless of price, I do not consider any of the edge lit sets to be a good deal. For that price you could've gotten an LG LH90 which is fully LED backlit and does not suffer from the uniformity issues you described on darker scenes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The LH90 for that price? I have not seen that anywhere. As I said I can return it. I know all about the pros and cons of both sets and am not sure if I could live with the wanna be 240hz and judder settings of the LG. I love being in control of all of my settings which is a huge plus for the samsung I just hate the flashlighting.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For a bit more, you could've had the LN52B750!! But, I think that retailer [ rhymes with French Fries ] maybe out of stock now.. But, feel free to check

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
You want us to tell you if you will regret keeping a TV that has a serious downside when you watch it.

OK, I will tell you what to do: don't watch movies after sundown.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/18203796

You want us to tell you if you will regret keeping a TV that has a serious downside when you watch it.

OK, I will tell you what to do: don't watch movies after sundown.

Excellent advice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, not at all. I was simply wandering if, for the price, there is something comparable in performance. And as far as not watching movies at night, that's already been done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts