AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take a few pictures of the process of installing an aftermarket 12 volt power supply kit for the Berhinger DCX 2496. This product is not produced, endorsed or otherwise acknowledged by Behringer. It is available from Envision Electronics in Dayton, Ohio.

http://envisionelec.net/index.php?ma...lh405nuv8qobi4

First thing to do is to remove the top off of the unit, 6 screws in total.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All of the connections have hot-melt glue holding things so they won't come apart easily. ( in transit etc... ) You must remove the 2-pin connection on the power supply as well as the multi-pin connection on the main board. I used a sharp pick tool to gently remove the hot-melt to unplug these connections.

Next you have to remove the brackets on the side for rack mounting and the 3 screws on the bottom.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next, the machine screw holding the chassis ground must be removed to take the wire off of it, and the power switch must also be removed. ( I will make a cover of sorts to go behind where the switch used to be )

The two small screws holding the AC connector must be removed and the switch and wire come out through the back.

Pry the 3 clips off holding the transistors to the metal shroud in the power supply, I used again, the sharp pick tool. Then remove the 4 screws holding the power supply board in the metal shroud, you are now ready to remove the power supply.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock and aftermarket 12v power supplies... Aftermarket on left, stock one on right.

With cover removed off transformer:

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now install the replacement power supply unit in place of the other one, and re-use two out of the three clips to hold the transistors to the metal shroud around the power supply. There should be adequate heat-sinking paste left on the shroud.

Install the 4 screws, connect the plug onto the main board, and feed the small input connector through the hole for the stock AC connector and install with the two small screws.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Total time to install power supply between taking pics, running for other tools, and answering calls on the cell phone was about an hour start to finish.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey mike, I was just looking at these. It looks like they are sold out now. You don't happen to have an extra one do you? I could really use it.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts