Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently setting up my 1251, following Mooneyass's 1270 setup info.

I (well, we actually) have measured the tube faces, sticky taped them, marked the centres, centred the crosshairs to the marks with RGB shift/Zone1 - no centering magnets on 1251,and put the lenses back on.

Then we projected the crosshairs onto the screen, and shimmed the crt spacers so that the R,G,B lined up. This means that the CRT's are optically/mechanically aligned. (Well, until I start playing with the lense flapping anyway...)

I have a question: The RGD shift/Zone values are very different to the factory default values that you get when you perform reset twice, which aren't 128 BTW.

Should I mechanically aim the CRT's along their optical axis (like Mooneyass) or using the factory default values??

Which will give me a more stable convergence/better image?

Confused

Mark

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Definitely align them mechanically.

Manually set the zone defaults to 128 for each axis, and the RBG shift to 128 for the other others as well.

The full reset should do this for you anway. but will reset yr CRT timers as well

Graham

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Graham

Ok will set everything to 128. I've been reading your threads about your 1270(i think), how's it coming along?

Are you in the crt-oz newsgroup? There's a few Melbourne guys.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Hey Mark,

I didnt know there was a group in Melbourne !!! thanks

Well the 1271 looks quite good now, but I am still unhappy with the focus a bit. Run out of ideas actually. starting to think that there may be fungus in the tube cooling tanks, but cant see any, and the tubes look lovely. So I dont know.

You should sent me a PM with your phone number. I have about 10 mates who are into this in Melbourne. and most have Sony's. If you need some help most of em have already been there.

Cheers.

Graham

P.S. This focus thing will go away soon anyway, I bought a BG808 Barco with EM focus. That should be here in the next 5 weeks or so along with 4 other Sony's, Including a 1251 and a 2.

I will sell this 1271 when they turn up. I think I am only so critical cause I used to work at GTV-9 assessing picture quality, and any fault is noticed by me immediately.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Graham, didn't i tell you about the CRT-OZ group??

there are about 40 OZ wide members including a few Melb guys including me.

We're gonna have a get together at my place in a few weeks, you're welvcome to come along....

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pasey

Got my 1251 setup in the proper room last night - moved the TV out.

Did a rough setup on an old 1.7m wide slide screen, masked the top and bottom (I HATE grey bars, even very dark bars).

WOW! A bugs life and FOTR look fantastic! I'm stoked.

Mark

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy "Final Fantasy" the content is sort of OK but the picture quality is staggering.

:) It really is a benchmark especially if you are trying to see detail in blacks. It is a very good test.

Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.