AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a ~4 year old insignia 42" LCD screen from best buy. It's always had trouble connecting to PC's using anything except VGA. I had it connected to my ps3 via HDMI for a while and it was fine, but I recently got a 3d plasma for the ps3 and brought the 42" LCD upstairs for our HTPC setup that my wife uses primary for DVR and netflix.

For some reason, I can only get a good image that fits the display and won't give a blue screen by turning EDID off in the ATI catalyst menu, then setting everything as 1366 X 768.

Question - How exactly is the image resized? 768 is not an even multiple of 1080. I have a radeon HD 5570 PCI-e video card, if that matters.

The image looks pretty crisp and good as far as I can tell, but I wish I could run it at the native display resolution.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
1366x768 is a 16x9 image. Most 720p sets were 1366x768. The set must be scaling the smaller image to fit on the 1920x1080 screen. I know some sets don't display a 1920x1080 image over VGA.

If it looks good, and fits without overscan or under scan, leave it be.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had problems like this before with moving my computer between tvs.

Try setting the computer resolution BEFORE you hook it up to the TV. This is what I have to do. It works every time.

So, hook up your previous monitor. Set it to 1920x1080 and then hook it up to the Insignia.

Just a thought. Works for me.

Cold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.