AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Samsung has 2 (1080i) DVD players coming out this year -- the 841 and 941. The 941 also does 1366 x 768 resolution. Can someone tell me what the benefit of this is relative to the 841?

And with this feature, how do you know if your set can benefit from this? (I have a Toshiba 42HDX82)

Thanks,

CG.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
The 1366 * 768 resolution is the native resolution of some PJ's like the Sony HS20. I actually use a 1366 * 768 resolution for my FP CRT but from a scaler not a DVD player.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is this a valuable feature for someone who has a rear projection TV, or just projectors?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey Guys hate to rain on your parade but it is unlikely that the projector will support 56hz. 56Zhz is needed to bypass the scaler and put the HS10-20 into native panel mode. This is why the Bravo is hot with the Sony crowd, it has a secret menu where you can change this. More likely this is a resolution meant for certain plasma tv's (Pioneer).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Coughlin
Hey Guys hate to rain on your parade but it is unlikely that the projector will support 56hz. 56Zhz is needed to bypass the scaler and put the HS10-20 into native panel mode. This is why the Bravo is hot with the Sony crowd, it has a secret menu where you can change this. More likely this is a resolution meant for certain plasma tv's (Pioneer).
Chuck,

Could you explain this further? I have a HS10 and have been waiting to replace my HTPC with the best available DVI 720p STB. I was under the impression that HS10 owners were unhappy with both the D1 and 931. Do you think this secret menu would also be available in the D2/D3? Would it make more sense than to wait till the end of the year for the 941?

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
739 Posts
Panny 50" plasmas (and probably most other plasma makers) use 1366 x 768 native.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.