AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
14 blinks:

IROM SOS (ROM in Peaks IC) cause A-Board, P-Board

One of A-Board or P-Board needs replacing. You can use a digital multimeter to check the P-Board voltages and rule that out; that leaves the A-Board as a potential cause.

If you need a service manual, I will upload one.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have the same TV, replaced the A board, didn't fix it, replaced the P board... still didn't fix it! Tried old A board w/new P/board, no luck either.

It powers on with no display using the power button (will not respond to remote) and displays nothing. Have to hold the power button to turn it off, when I turn it on again, I get the 14 blink code...

Any suggestions what could be wrong? Did I buy a faulty replacement part?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yes it's quite possible you got a bad A board.

The error code is 95% A-board, 5% P-board.

Now, most parts you buy from the internet are reclaimed, from cracked screen TVs, figures many people get annoyed that their big screen is a 14 blinker and smash it then take it to the recycler. And they don't seem to test any of their parts.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket6151  /t/1469112/14-blinks-panasonic-plasma-2011/0_100#post_23225270

Panasonic Plasma 2011 TC-P42ST30

Any idea what is the problem? Can a shade tree

mechanic repair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669  /t/1469112/14-blinks-panasonic-plasma-2011/0_100#post_23227907

14 blinks:

One of A-Board or P-Board needs replacing. You can use a digital multimeter to check the P-Board voltages and rule that out; that leaves the A-Board as a potential cause.

Any chance the SS board could be bad, according to this thread ?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Basically, the idea from that thread was a faulty SS board was damaging the SN boards, and replacing the SS board (and the SN board too if required) fixes the problem and prevents frying the SN board, and the A board and P board are not faulty to begin with?

The seller of the A-Board suggested this:

"disconnect the sn2 connector off the sn board and check to test if it is shorted or not with an Ohm meter. This

is a very common problem with this model television."

To be honest, I'm not even certain how to test any of these components. I think the SN and SS board were inexpensive. To do what was suggested I guess I'd hook the multimeter to different prongs of the plug on the SN board and see if there is a connection between them that shows no resistance?

·
Registered
5 Posts

so the SN2 connector does come up as shorted. I'm not sure how to interpret the resistance readings from other plug ports but none are shorted that are connected to the power board.

I ordered an SS board, I'll see if that helps. The SN board is just not available. There are SN repair kits tho-that worth trying? What is shorted on the SN board?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Greetings Impfac and 14 blinks Panasonic Plasma 2011 thread:  I am in this same boat, attempting to repair a family TC-P42S30, 2011 edition.  Solid red power lamp changes to 14 blinks if you hold the power button 5 secs (which I now believe maybe you should not do according to what I later learned in the flowchart pdf below).  Steps I have taken so far:  Without meter testing I figured power board and replaced that - no change.  Then I tried a new A board on "good advice" - again, no change.  Then I went ahead and carefully followed detailed troubleshooting trees in this pdf guide I happily located ->  

2011 - FHD Plasma TV

Technical Guide & Troubleshooting Flowchart

2011- Plasma FHD TV – (14th Generation)

Applies to models:

TC-PXXST30 

http://tvrepairtips.org/files/tip/2989/tcp50x3_panasonic2011_pdf_11669.pdf

This led me to determine I had a "Vsus" short on this board: Panasonic TXNSN1PKUU SN Board.  I suspect this is a correct diagnosis because this board is out of stock in every one of about 15 sites I checked.  I eventually did locate a unit misfiled at ShopJimmy and I ordered and installed this.  RESULT:  No change but Vsus was shorted on this replacement board too.  Conclusion is ShopJimmy board had same defect so they took it back for a refund (free shipping and so forth and they were very nice and very helpful).  Next up?  I suppose I need to send my SN board to one of those places that claims they can repair these exact boards.  We shall see.  Any thread readers have any experience doing this sort of repair work?  Please let me know if you get a sec.  Thanks!  I'll update this thread if I have more news on this sad chapter in Panasonic's miserable Plasma industry end game. (I hear they are getting out of Plasma entirely, oh well.)  Cheers.  ~ @kgo81

·
Registered
41 Posts
This model TV is taking us all down. I have the same 14 blink error.
I've replaced two boards with no change at all. I'm down to swapping out the TXNSN1PKUU SN board but I can't find one anywhere. I suppose the only way one is going to become available is if someone scraps their unit as I doubt Panasonic is making any more parts for this machine right? If anyone knows of a source for the board I've noted please give a heads up. Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
kgo81 - That is a great pdf document that you posted, thanks. Although my 42x3 is still in operation, I like be ready for any possibilites.. I hope you are able to find a solution for your unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom669  /t/1469112/14-blinks-panasonic-plasma-2011#post_23227907

14 blinks:

If you need a service manual, I will upload one.

Has anyone replaced items on the P board?

·
Registered
178 Posts
An old thread but I was searching for 14 blink history.

In a nutshell if you have 14 blinks depending on the model but the lower end models it's fairly common that a shorted Vsus (usually SC /SN boards) can trigger 14 blinks. I would put checking the SC / Sn boards for short at connector sc2/sn2 as the first place to check.

So can be A & P boards as well but chances are it's not in most cases.

Repairing these boards is fairly common now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine died last night but I get no blinks. Was working fine as always and then heard a muffled "pop" and the picture and audio disappeared. Holding the off button has no effect, just have a steady red LED power indicator. Un-plugging the unit from AC is the only way it will power down, and when plugged back in it remains off until I hit the "on" button on the remote, at which time it quits responding, still no audio or video, and just a steady red power LED.

At this late date I think I'm just going to replace it. I have a 65" ST30 also, hope it lasts a few more years...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.