·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on a bargains site. Here is the link:

XP30 Sale

Also they have a 15% of coupon for 1st time buyers

15% off coupon

Sorry if this breaks forum rules, but I knew a lot of people would be interested in this.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Way too late - they sold out around 3PM yesterday already due to the onrush of orders generated from the post yesterday about it. But check on EBAY over the next few weeks - I bet several of them will be resold there for a profit!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I just wonder since they are refurb units if they still have the same motherboard with the faroudja and MEI mpeg decoder, or if they possibly switch them out with their newer all in one solution if they were returned due to issues with the electronics? If I were one who ordered one of these, I would open it up after getting it and ensure that the Faroudja and MEI are still in there.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
gtaylor- that is an excellent point because you know they were returned items.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's this? They had an all-in-one board that fit into the same chassis? Are you just speculating or do you know that the XP30's had replacement guts without the Faroudja?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The XP30's all came with a board with the MEI mpeg decoder and the farjouda on the under side. Just speculation really, but if some came back with bad boards, it would have been cheaper for panasonic to replace the bad board with their own all in one solution rather than refurb a used player with the more expensive faroudja/MEI board. I have no proof, just speculating. If you ordered one, I would still open her up and check just to make sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.