AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking me for ever to build this project
But c19 honey do list was insane this year.

Just a few pictures
Carl's flex white will be going on next
Painting probably new year.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
23,505 Posts
That's the wrong way ?
The Frame is built correctly...however the Fabric should stretch across the side where the Central Supports are recessed.

I know they are still recessed as shown, but you do not want the Top And Bottom cross members to be so wide. They might still transfer their presence through the Cloth.

The whole reason the Frame is built "On Edge" as you did is so that the Fabric only stretches over the 3/4" Perimeter of the Frame....assuring that there will never be any Frame-bleed-through.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks pretty sharp. I have the same screen (material and size). Love it!

Are you planning to paint that white ceiling? I highly recommend you do... the spandex has a screen gain of about 0.8 so you need a bit of a light cannon to project quality HDR. 140” isn’t massive, but it’s still a pretty big screen for a projected image. Long and short, you are going to want to minimize the light reflections onto your screen. The drop ceiling would be my first concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
23,505 Posts
Yeah definitely tack velvet on the ceiling from the screen to seating area.
Usually....if only doing a partial Ceiling application, in most cases, 7' out from the Screen wall is sufficient. That is approx two widths of Black Velvet from side to side..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Black velvet will be going on
On my list

Few screen shots
None painted screen
Jvc x35 basic settings

Jvc x950 coming soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts