AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know at one time before 4K was on the horizon, 1440p was thought to be the next big thing to replace 1080p. Are there any receivers out there, new or old that can pass through 2560 x 1440p?

The signal is going to a PC monitor.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I called Denon, and they told me as long as their receiver is rated to handle 4K, it can handle any lower resolution so long as it is in the same 16 x 9 format.

Reactions: dwaleke

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am successfully using my Dell e6530 laptop's HDMI port to drive a 2560x1600 Dell U3011 monitor through my Yamaha RX-V475 AVR, I am using 60Hz refresh rate with this setup. The same technique will work to configure 2560x1440 or other resolutions that are less than 4K. Depending on your monitor, it might not advertise HDMI resolutions above 1080p, so you may need to create a custom resolution to force higher than 1080p to work over HDMI.

I did need to use the nVidia control panel to create a custom resolution on my setup, and I had to configure a custom timing of "CVT Reduced Blank" in order for the monitor to sync. See this thread for details: http://www.notebookcheck.net/2560x1440-or-2560x1600-via-HDMI.92840.0.html

Hope you get it working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it works for you because you have the Yamaha RX-V475, which is 4K compatible. I'm running the target resolution fine on a direct link between my monitor and screen. But passing it through my Denon x1000 receiver, is causing me problems of inconvenience.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have heard, but not tested personally, that some older receivers will successfully pass higher resolution and/or 3D signals through their HDMI switch if you disable video processing in the AVR. Check to see if the Denon has a bypass mode. You could also experiment with [email protected] or [email protected] custom resolutions to see if the lower bandwidth will pass through the Denon's switch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked and my Denon doesn't have the option to bypass video processing. Perhaps because it doesn't scale I don't know. Anything lower than 60hz is a no go because I game on this machine. I'm half temped to just sell this thing off, the center channel, and two bookshelfs and just go 2.1 with a simple amp and my sound card.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I thinking that may be what I do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts