AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been playing around with this cheapie ecp3000 that I picked up this past weekend. My sony 1270 is crisper in terms of picture detail and focus, but the ECP3000 is definitely brighter and I have tweaked the colors to where I really like them. I have messed around with custom T/R's on the Sony and have found that 800x600 is really the sweet spot..I had read a lot about 1440x960x48 but the Sony looked kind of soft and past where it should really be. To my surprise I was able to run this rez on the ECP3000 and it really looks FANTASTIC! (DVD) Definitely a big step up from running it at 800x600x60.

However, I think this a little beyond what this PJ is supposed to be able to do, but I have no manual to confirm this. Any downside to the PJ if it seems happy at this rez? I am really surprised at the picture of this cheapie PJ at that rez ..it is not supposed to anywhere near as good as my 1270 and at lower resolutions the Sony wins...but 1440x960 is easily the best picture I have seen from a DVD.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I believe the max for that PJ is 1280x1024 or less. More like 1024x768.

What did you put in that pan of brownies you ate for lunch?:eek:

Chip S.:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Kidding!! I am actually running that rez with a Radeon VE..latest drivers..powerstrip... and 48 hz refresh. I cannot go above 56 hz or so on the refresh or it starts to get a little funky on the edges of the screen. I should post some screen shots.

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
Should be at about 51KHz HSync I think (need to check because I want to try it!) I think the 3000 is good to 55KHz isn't it?

Cary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.