AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this in another forum, but I didn't really get the type of answer I was looking for. I got what other people use, but not which is the better choice or a reason...

I'm going to hook-up a Sony HD200 to my PS42WD5UY. All of my inputs are open. Which should I use (component, RGB, 15 pin)? My main concern is that I get the best PQ I can get (I'm using Silver Serpent cables).

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
**I'm going to hook-up a Sony HD200 to my PS42WD5UY. All of my inputs are open. Which should I use (component, RGB, 15 pin)? My main concern is that I get the best PQ I can get (I'm using Silver Serpent cables). **

The short answer is to try all 3 and decide for yourself. I use the HD200 with the Hitachi 42HDT20 plasma and have found the following order of PQ:

(in ascending quality):

1-component (still very good)

2-analog(15 pin) RGB (marginally better than component)

3-DVI (digital RGB) best since signal stays in digital domain

I'm not familiar with the 5UY Panny but your answer would probably partially depend on how it processes the signal from the HD200 for display. Obviously you can't use option #3 unless your display has a DVI input.

You might also try experiment with changing the output on the HD200 between 720p and 1080i to see which works best with the processing and native dispaly of the Panny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.