AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
200 watts at 10 percent distortion....and the link you gave is for a 10 inch woofer....(edit...it also says 15 inch woofer...it cant seem to decide what it wants to be)

I wouldnt recommend it...

·
Registered
284 Posts
For that price i think it's a great deal.

i just paid 370 for that Cadence sub which has 225 RMS and a 15" driver. I'm sure it's probably better construction but is it worth twice as much? dont know

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound dropouts /forum/post/12949054

200 watts at 10 percent distortion....and the link you gave is for a 10 inch woofer....(edit...it also says 15 inch woofer...it cant seem to decide what it wants to be)

I wouldnt recommend it...

There are 3 different types. The 10" the 12" and the 15"

Here are the specs:

High Cut Frequency

50 - 200 Hz (Variable)

Power Requirements

120V AC, 60 Hz

Power Consumption (in Operation)

100W (Subwoofer)

Power Consumption (in Standby)

less then .3W (Subwoofer)

Frequency Response

Subwoofer- 20Hz-200Hz

Quantity (Packaged)

1 Subwoofer

Speaker Terminal Type

Line In & Line Out

Woofer Size(s)

Subwoofer- 15" (38cm)

Power Consumption (Subwoofer)

200W

Bass Driver(s)

Yes (Bass Reflex Design)

Level Control

Yes

Limited Warranty

1 Year Parts / 1 Year Labor

Weight (Approx.)

50 lb, 10 oz (16kg)

Dimensions (Approx.)

17 5/16 x 1 1/2 x 20 3/16" (440 x 495 x 512mm)

What do you think, is it a great deal? All of the reviews that I have read on it are extremely positive.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts

Quote:
What do you think, is it a great deal? All of the reviews that I have read on it are extremely positive.

It may be ok...sony tends to not make the greatest equipment for the money...and like I said, the 10 percent distortion figure is scary...

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
I use to rep Sony Car Audio products. Stay away from their speakers and subwoofers.

Ian

·
Registered
720 Posts
They are paper speakers so for the price they aren't bad but I'd spend the $200 or less and get a Klispch KSW 10 or 12 which will sound much better than the Sony.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafly9 /forum/post/12949347

For that price i think it's a great deal.

i just paid 370 for that Cadence sub which has 225 RMS and a 15" driver. I'm sure it's probably better construction but is it worth twice as much? dont know

The Cadence is far superior in EVERY way over the Sony sub. It is more then worth it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just ran across this sub on Amazon for $151 and was wondering if anyone actually owns one on here that can give a review of its pros and cons.

Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
A friend of mine gave me his 12" sony sub when he moved since he didnt have the room for it.

I gave it back.

Reactions: blake18

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have one and like it.

I've only compared it to Klipsch's cheaper 10 " sub. "synergy line'" ?

In my opinion the sony was definitely louder, and sound quality is pretty good too. I'm satisfied.

It's for sure not the best out there, but for the money its hard to beat. I'm considering ordering another one.

·
Registered
985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicktime_GT /forum/post/15397397

I have one and like it.

I've only compared it to Klipsch's cheaper 10 " sub. "synergy line'" ?

In my opinion the sony was definitely louder, and sound quality is pretty good too. I'm satisfied.

It's for sure not the best out there, but for the money its hard to beat. I'm considering ordering another one.

Klipsch subs aren't known for high output either. Its not really a good comparison. Check out something else in the price range thats a solid performer to compare them to.

·
Registered
1 Posts

For the money it is one of the BEST SOUNDING powered subwoofers I've owned.It will shake EVERYTHING in your house and on the walls including your neighbors house and there walls,people will hear and feel it several houses away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts