AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, Directv gave me a $150 credit because I'm unable to receive Starz HD.

I called Directv today to find out why I can't get Starz HD after seeing a bug that said the Starz film would be in HD. Directv hoped that Starz HD

would be available in the near future. Directv wants to keep their long time customers (1996) happy and gave me the HD package free for 15 months.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Prolly ought to call them back and hit them up for another buck fifty onaccounta no Cinemax HD either.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DP1
Prolly ought to call them back and hit them up for another buck fifty onaccounta no Cinemax HD either.
Damnit Dan, you are always thinking! :)

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Matter of fact, if you nailed em for all the various movie channels they're missing in the different movie packs, be them HD or SD versions, it could turn out where they're sending you a check every month instead of vice versa! ;)

·
Registered
697 Posts
So how easily did you get the 15 months free? Did you have to take it up a level or did the first CSR just say sorry, here is your credit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally posted by jwheeler
So how easily did you get the 15 months free? Did you have to take it up a level or did the first CSR just say sorry, here is your credit?

I called the retention CSR and ask why I was not getting Starz HD. He explained and offered me $150 credit and 1st month free HD package.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Catch me up ... what is the deal with Starz HD? D* isn't offering it yet, right?

Why is this an issue that D* feels compelled to provide credits? Just trying to understand my angle before I call! :)

I'm already taking advantage of the $20 off a month of premium by threatening to jump to Cable through the 'Customer Retention Group'.

Quote:
Originally posted by txbo
I called the retention CSR and ask why I was not getting Starz HD. He explained and offered me $150 credit and 1st month free HD package.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Steiny,

How many months did you get the $20 off the Premiere Package for? I'm getting ready to make my call! Thanks in advance..:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
6 months. I found out about this at tivocommunity.com. I called, asked for the customer retention center. When asked why, I told them I was thinking about canceling and ordering cable. When I got to the retention center, I explained that i knew of an incentive they had available to encourage me from leaving as a customer. I told them they had a $20 off per month for premium customers for 6 months. They acknolwedged they did and I have received $20 off for the past 4 months.

Story told, if you call them at the end of the 6 months, they will renew. I will try it next month.

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveWinNJ
Steiny,

How many months did you get the $20 off the Premiere Package for? I'm getting ready to make my call! Thanks in advance..:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally posted by SteinyD
Catch me up ... what is the deal with Starz HD? D* isn't offering it yet, right?

Why is this an issue that D* feels compelled to provide credits? Just trying to understand my angle before I call! :)

I'm already taking advantage of the $20 off a month of premium by threatening to jump to Cable through the 'Customer Retention Group'.
I did tell the CSR if the local cable co. is broadcasting Starz HD, what would be the incentive for me to stay with D*.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SteinyD
6 months. I found out about this at tivocommunity.com. I called, asked for the customer retention center. When asked why, I told them I was thinking about canceling and ordering cable. When I got to the retention center, I explained that i knew of an incentive they had available to encourage me to stay a D* customer. I told them they had a $20 off per month for premium customers for 6 months. They acknolwedged they did and I have received $20 off for the past 4 months.

Story told, if you call them at the end of the 6 months, they will renew. I will try it next month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.